Author Topic: no Crankshaft hole Cap  (Read 1393 times)

iolite

• View Profile
no Crankshaft hole Cap
« on: July 06, 2010, 06:06:19 AM »
Hello Guys! I have a problem with my Xciting! Want to check my valve clearance but the timing hole cap is there to see the "T" mark but no Crankshaft hole! How am i going to turn the engine to get it to TDC?
The only thing i can think of is to remove the sparkplug so there is no pressure and then try and turn the engine at the camshaft at the gear on the timing chain.
If someone has a better plan please let me no! Thanks

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: no Crankshaft hole Cap
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 01:07:32 PM »
I just did this.  Take off the variator cover -- it's a plastic cover on the left.  Turn the variator nut counter-clockwise.  You'll have to have your arm over the seat and turn it while checking through the peep hole for the T mark.  To get it close, get on the left side and start turning while hanging your head over the right side and look for the two index marks on the camshafts to approach the top like the manual says.

A flashlight is really helpful for viewing the T mark.  There's more than one mark on the flywheel -- make sure you find the "T".

jjt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 06:45:56 PM »
Hoolander knows his stuff. Helped me through valve clearance adjustment ( see posts last week ). It took me a while, but got it done. I have on order a Kymco valve adjustment tool to re-adjust. The adjustment screws are hard to get to with needle nose pliers and get a good gap. By the looks of the picture in the service manual the tool will get right in there. The adjustment really helped with my rough idle (especially after the scoot is warmed up).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 06:48:01 PM by jjt »

iolite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 09:14:18 AM »
Thanks Hoolander!  Shows u!! didnt think of that....two heads better than one.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 01:02:39 AM »
...wow...

..hoolander rulz......
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 02:39:58 AM »
Well,     thanks.  ::)     I'm no expert by any means.  Just love two wheels and happen to have lucked into this Kymco.  Have learned a lot from reading Zombie, Wordslinger, Shaka, and so many more here who were and are always willing to give their time to help.  Yeah, this place rocks!  Let's all try and learn and help each other.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 02:47:06 AM »
..i'm in a learning phase again...with my '01 people...

..waiting on my new reeds to replace the damaged set..

..i love my ppl  ;D ...imma still build my a50, but.....

..i think my 2-stroke is gonna be my (p)ride...

:D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()