Author Topic: front wheel squeaking?  (Read 1626 times)

fraserdredude

• View Profile
front wheel squeaking?
« on: July 03, 2010, 10:59:14 AM »
ok heres the deal. i was riding along the other day ( in the HOT weather ) when my front wheel started making a very loud high pitched squeak and all of a sudden my top end went from 45mph to 30mph. i took it back to my house going 30 all the way and when i got back and started it again it was fine and hitting top end making no sound. then yesterday it started making a quiet grinding sound like something was rubbing on the fron end and i could feel it when i was riding. however brakes were just as strong as ever and top end was the same. then again today it was grinding but started making a high pitched squeak again. i dont have a clue what it is but im pretty sure its not too serious as top end is the same and brakes are not any worse. maybe something has got too dry?? anyway any help would be appreciated thanks  :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: front wheel squeaking?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »
..sounds like the wheel bearings have crapped out...

..get you a copy of the service manual..go to stadiumyamaha.com and order you some new bearings and seals..

..they're not that difficult to change out, but i would limit my riding...don't want to do damage to the bearing seats or sealing surfaces...

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()