Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1095 times)

DennyB

• View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 07:18:14 PM »
Hi Denny,
There's a lot of fun stuff going on here and we like challenges.  :-)

I'm curious about those high performance valves, too.

I never had a Kymco 50...
It must have a modified engine with reed valves for crankcase induction and many other performance parts to get that sort of speed.
Sounds like you got a good one !

Always better to avoid those crashes...
redk

From My understanding the only mods are Carb, Exhaust and drive train. Seems to have a High "stall" on the clutch. I'm guessing a spring change.
It runs at a high RPM until 30mph when it almost feels like it "shifts". The CVT does not appear to operate as "constantly variable".

My only issue is it seems to lack initial throttle response. Although I'm not sure what is normal on a 2 stroke?

I've not healed enough to get on the floor and have a look see on the mods.
The doc said minimum of 3 month till I can put weight on my right hip. But the other 8 fractures are healing nicely. The plates and screws helped!  ;)
Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can tear into it and have a look see.

One other thing regarding the valves; I'm guessing just some after market reeves were installed for what ever that's worth.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 09:39:28 PM »
I hope you are better and healed soon. As far as the "shifting" issue, when you get the chance check inside the variator and make sure they didn't put Dr. Pulley sliders in the wrong way.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 12:44:31 AM »
... 'weight on right hip' ...
...' 8 other fractures'...

I am almost sure I would focus on healing and recovery for at least a year with little concern about the details of the machinery.

...But that's just me.

I hope you recover quickly and get that scooter fixed the way you would like to have it !
redk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()