Author Topic: Fuel Gauge  (Read 1800 times)

midnightrider

• View Profile
Fuel Gauge
« on: June 16, 2008, 11:45:22 PM »
Just purchased a new Agility 125 last week. So far everything is great except for one problem. I can fill the tank up and after 50 miles(80km) the fuel gauge is in the red. I stop and fill her up and she only holds 1/2 gallon. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I haven't contacted the dealer yet because I have ordered a service manual and I would like to see if anything is mentioned in the manual. I've serviced my own bikes all my life. If anyone else has had this problem or has found a solution any help would be appreciated.

chadhargis

• View Profile
Re: Fuel Gauge
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »
The fuel gauge is horribly inaccurate.

I wish the Agility had a trip odometer, they make good fuel gauges once you know how far you can go on a tank.

When mine hits the red zone, I typically fill it up and it holds less than a gallon. If I just ignore it and go another 40k or so, it will hold about a gallon.

Most I've ever put in was 1.1 gallons, and the needle was buried way down at the bottom of the gauge.

125ccsofury

• View Profile
Re: Fuel Gauge
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 02:37:37 PM »
I have not had that exact problem but the first half of my tank goes alot faster than the second half.  No doubt a function of tank shape and cheap gauge.  Once the gauge hits the mid mark in the white area I can go another 30km or so then it takes about 1.0 to 1.1 gallons to fill it.  Next time you get her drawn down take a peak in there with a flashlight (match = bad idea and no eybrows) and see if anything is interfering with the float.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()