Author Topic: Just saying Hi to all my old forum mates.  (Read 701 times)

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
Just saying Hi to all my old forum mates.
« on: May 14, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »
Just wanted to say hi and give a quick update.  Loving the Honda CTX 700 (I went with the manual not the DCT model).  Guess I still love to shift.  Great bike - just as smooth and flickable as the Xciting 250 was, but definitely better suited to the highway.  However, I do miss the storage of the X.  If I had to do it over again, I think I would have kept the X and had my wife learn to ride it.  Still the Xciting got me back into riding on 2 wheels and it was a fun ride! 
Keep the shiny side up and stay safe everyone.

Bill
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

Redk

• View Profile
Re: Just saying Hi to all my old forum mates.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 05:16:00 PM »
Hi,
So it seems like the first thing you might wish to carry in the storage you do have is a lite-weight rucksack that will compress well, for use only when that little bit extra is needed ?  + a few bungees ?
:-)
redk

pipster326

• View Profile
Just saying Hi to all my old forum mates.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 07:00:12 PM »
bleys, I just bought a 2016 ctx 700n. I kept my DT300i. Your right, I also miss the storage. I did buy an ogio tail bag. It's not the same as the DT under seat storage, but it does help a lot. It took about 5 minutes to install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:25:46 PM by pipster326 »

bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:25:17 PM »
Great minds think alike.  I went with a Rapid Transit tail bag.  It's working out well enough, but it isn't like under seat storage - locked and out of sight.  Pipster, you are going to love that bike!  You should check out the CTX Forum if you haven't already done so.  A lot of ex-scooter riders there.  Some Kymco, but a lot of Burgmans in particular.  Also a lot of people moving down from bigger, heavier bikes like goldwings and Harleys.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2014 Honda CTX700N

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 03:26:08 PM »
 OMG, I've been trying to get on the CTX forum for months!!! I get the feed and notifications. It won't let me post. I gives me an error and tells me to complete the puzzle? I've even contacted the administration,but no luck.
Your right, I do love the CTX. Honestly I think it's easier to ride that then the DT 300.
I still try to take the DT out,on occasion,but the CTX is my main ride now. Enjoy and ride safe,bleys.

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 10:09:49 PM »
Pipster...I had no problem signing onto the CTX forum.   But you do have to register in order to post.  If you are having problems registering, I wonder if it could be due to using your Ipad or Iphone instead of a computer.  I have a travel company I book through that doesn't recognize tablets or phones, only computers. 
By the way, I have the red CTX and in many ways easier to ride than the Xciting was...lower center of gravity and the wide handlebars make it more responsive to turning input from the rider.  Still miss the Xciting but the wife would never let me have both..:(
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2014 Honda CTX700N

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 07:19:07 PM »
Thanks bleys, I didn't think of that. I'll try from the desktop.
I also, know what you mean about the issue of keeping both. It took me months to persuade the Mrs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()