Author Topic: Enclosed trailer  (Read 610 times)

airshot

• View Profile
Enclosed trailer
« on: April 15, 2017, 04:00:16 PM »
   Now that me and my wife are retired we have been looking at motorhomes and an enclosed trailer so it will allow us to travel to riding areas and see some more of this great country. I was somewhat shocked to find I need a 7' interior height trailer to get my 450i in and out. We are currently looking for a nice used motorhome but I did get a great deal (promotion) on a new cargo trailer and that should be in by the end of the month. Nice ramp door that lowers and you just drive right in!!  Can't wait to hit the road and do some riding and exploring on the 450i.  I have enclosed a pic of the trailer if it comes out, the pic shows a 6' tall where as mine will be a 7' tall.

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
Re: Enclosed trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 04:23:02 PM »
Good thing you measured first as I assumed a 5ft. tall would accommodate my Kymco or Silverwing but the windshield wouldn't clear the door. Good thing I kept my old tilt bed bike trailer. My 5x8 cargo though has become a nice work trailer for my construction business.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Enclosed trailer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 10:46:01 PM »
   I have a side load 2 place ATV trailer that also has a tilt bed, hat I was using to haul the 450i and it worked great, tows very well, but I didn't like the idea of spending several nights out in the wild so to speak with the machine sitting out for prying eyes. with the enclosed trailer it will make it more difficult for any crooks that may come along. We did find a motorhome, supposed to close on it Tuesday 4/25. We are making a few minor changes to the MH but in a couple weeks we should be hitting the road if all goes well.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()