Author Topic: NO CHOKE  (Read 3898 times)

aus250

• View Profile
NO CHOKE
« on: June 24, 2010, 02:43:40 AM »
GDAY GUYS I AM BACK YET WITH ANOTHER QUERIE  I AM HAVING DRAMAS WITH STARTING MY VENOX250 IT SEEMS THE BIKE JUST DOESNT LIKE STARTING WITH THE CHOKE OUT AND THE ONLY WAY I CAN START IT IS BY WINDING UP THE IDLE SCREW AND WHEN IT WARMS UP I CAN WIND IT BACK AND OFF I GO IHAVE HAD IT BACK IN THE SHOP AND IT HAS COME BACK THE SAME AND THE SHOP TELLS ME NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT ANY ADVISE GUYS P.S ONLY DRAMAS IN THE COLDER WEATHER AND IT NEARLY FLATTENS BATTERY TRYIN CHEERS AUS250

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: NO CHOKE
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 04:01:24 PM »
I don't have a clue really, but have you tried starting with the throttle grip turned a quarter to half open?  Choke or no choke?   

Somebody else?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »
I agree turning the idle is the same as holding the throttle open a bit,some like a little extra gas and air to get going first start of the day also check that air filter,may need cleaning.Don't know your model but the auto choke can go bad.If you have it at the shop again make them check that thouroughly.Good luck
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 10:29:33 PM »
"AutoBystarter" would be my first guess....

..then i read "with the choke out"...lol...

...have you done any mods to the air intake or exhaust?

..if so, have you adjusted the idle mix to compensate...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 10:46:56 PM »
When the outside temperature is 20+ C, my P250S almost does not use auto choke: when the temps are low, you can hear it screaming for the first two kms.
This also has impact on fuel consumption that is exactly 10 % higher in the winter.
I guess it could be the case also with Venox, carb is probably jetted in the similar manner.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

aus250

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 12:35:41 AM »
GDAY GUYS YEAH I TRIED ALL THAT WHEN I WIND THE IDLE SCREW UP IT WILL ALMOST FLATEN THE BATTERY TRYIN TO START

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 12:39:46 AM »
I made the noobie mistake of not pulling my Venox's choke FULLY out... without it fully out it's practically useless. Gotta give it all or nothing. Double-check that you've got it all the way. Don't rip the thing off, but give it a little pull.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 12:05:23 AM »
sounds like not getting enough air. try changing the air filter. i was close to your situation, but my filter was not that bad yet...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 12:13:47 AM »
I agree with the air filter posts. Sounds like it is already choking. Could be a clogged up idle circuit too.
New plugs/air/fuel filters, remove, dis assemble the carb., and clean the jets.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()