Author Topic: From Scooter back to a Bike ?  (Read 6921 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
From Scooter back to a Bike ?
« on: January 19, 2017, 07:34:18 PM »
Anyone out there thinking about going from your scooter back to a motorcycle?
Or is it just me?
 :)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: From Scooter back to a Bike ?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:55:35 PM »
2nd. childhood kikes in anything goes,   except when you cant get your leg over the seat,.  so you young guys enjoy,   I found the yager is easer to get my leg over the hump , flat floor,.   than my downtown,.  bigger hump,.  got to ride till I am 90, 6 years to go,. 

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:09:40 PM »
I have thought about it but it is just the advantage of having so much storage on a scooter.

Paul

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 10:18:24 PM »
I have had the "hots" for either the Royal Enfield or the Suzuki thumpers from time to time but always turn back to the DT. Even salivated over the Ural with the side-hack until I rode my wife's GTi300 with he training wheels. Yuk! Always ride fondly the DT with easy-clean, storage and reliability.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 10:40:30 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a motorcycle one day. But I am keeping my scooter as my primary transportation. It is just too practical and fun to ride!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 10:57:15 PM »
Not for me....I'm a convert. Auto transmission, weather protection and storage make it hugely practical on a day to day basis for me......And on a nice day, I can chuck a sandwich, a bottle of water and a camera under the seat and clear off into the hills for the day.

Charlie P

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 11:09:57 PM »
My wife and I love our Xciting 500, great trips in the Arkansas & Missouri mountains, and the Texas Hill country..... BUT, I keep seeing those darn Goldwings :P
Charlie P.
2013 Xciting 500Ri ABS
formerly 2010 Yager & 2008 Grand Vista
Near Haslet, TX (NW of Fort Worth)

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 11:13:21 PM »
Love the TU250x, or the enfield, but only have room for a couple bikes and kinda like my scoots too.
I may check out the G400C if it ever comes out, but it's running a year late so far waiting on CA emissions.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 12:39:40 AM »
After surgery to my left thumb/wrist (with a bone removal), it is too hard to clutch, so-----nope.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 08:09:54 PM »
Went to the local dealership on Tuesday, checked out a nice Honda CTX700 DCT. Automatic motorcycle. I may be going back tomorrow and making a purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 10:57:49 PM »
Can’t go back because I’ve never had a MC. Learned on one to get my license, but I’m hooked on the twist-n-go, storage, mpg, and practicality of a scooter. I’ve nothing against MCs, and there are a few I like, but tomorrow I’m hosting a Meet and Greet in my town for local Scooter and MC riders. In the morning I’m going to get paper plates, cups, napkins, donuts and a box of joe from Dunkin' Donuts. Not sure I could carry all that in a motorcycle.

- Wolf

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 02:46:15 AM »
Got my hips messed up and sold my Ultra Classic and my Silver wing. Hung up helmet for goood, and then got better and bought the DT300i. I have 62 years riding bikes, mostly m/c and only started scooters about 20 years ago. Selling  my Silver Wing was a mistake. It was a super fine scoot and was loaded to the gills.. I enjoy my DT though and probably won't get another m/c. My riding days are numbered. High 60's today with sunshine and I rode about 60 miles.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 12:38:50 PM »
Can’t go back because I’ve never had a MC. Learned on one to get my license, but I’m hooked on the twist-n-go, storage, mpg, and practicality of a scooter. I’ve nothing against MCs, and there are a few I like, but tomorrow I’m hosting a Meet and Greet in my town for local Scooter and MC riders. In the morning I’m going to get paper plates, cups, napkins, donuts and a box of joe from Dunkin' Donuts. Not sure I could carry all that in a motorcycle.

- Wolf
Sure you can. I carried a Christmas tree home on my Honda CB350 in Texas. A little imagination, and a couple of bungees. OK, a lot of bungees!
90% of the time 90% of us aren't  carrying anything but unnecessary stuff under our scooter seat...me thinks. Mount a top box on a bike and..... Bob's Your Uncle!
°¿°
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 06:28:41 PM »
Got my hips messed up and sold my Ultra Classic and my Silver wing. Hung up helmet for goood, and then got better and bought the DT300i. I have 62 years riding bikes, mostly m/c and only started scooters about 20 years ago. Selling  my Silver Wing was a mistake. It was a super fine scoot and was loaded to the gills.. I enjoy my DT though and probably won't get another m/c. My riding days are numbered. High 60's today with sunshine and I rode about 60 miles.

Mac

I want to be just like you when I grow up Mac. Without the hip thingy God willing.  ;)
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 06:55:59 PM »
Been there done that. Owned a couple of Goldwings and a Honda 919 Hornet as I went from Burgman's to touring bikes. Bought those so Deb could tour and even pulled a trailer. I'm a scooter guy though as I returned to my former love and bought a Silverwing and now on my 2nd Kymco. I doubt that I'll go back but if I do it would probably be a BMW RT 1200.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()