Author Topic: Carb adjustment s8 50x 4 stroke?  (Read 678 times)

Roytheroach

• View Profile
Carb adjustment s8 50x 4 stroke?
« on: October 24, 2016, 02:59:59 PM »
I just bought a 2015 white s8 50x, hit 27 on the way home, clipped the rpm limiter wire and hit 37, eliminated the pcv, now have only 1 vacuum line directly to the fuel petcock, managed to get her up to 38 downhill, shell do 34ish on a flat depending on wind direction (+ or - 1mph)

Ive noticed that it bogs at WOT until the cvt maxes out. Once the rpms start to climb its less of a dance with the throttle sweet spot, and the only time i can hold WOT is at peak rpm. Also cold starting is a pain, and it even dies out at idle on occasion.

This tells me i am overall running lean

Problem is I CANNOT FIND THE MIX SCREW. The plastics are in the way, its hard to get a good look, but it looks like there isnt one at all.

Im sure i need to rejet for the high rpm problem but the idle is killing me, and i hate using the throttle stop screw to raise idle. Also i want to get more vacuum so the thing keeps fuel going, i really dislike vacuum petcocks.

Can someone either tell me where the sneaky little screw is or confirm my outrageous suspicion that there isnt one at all? Im used to running mikuni round slides on my single cylinders and this carb threw me a curve ball

Roytheroach

• View Profile
Re: Carb adjustment s8 50x 4 stroke?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:14:22 PM »
Thanks for the help guys i found it, left near the outlet, opposite of every carb ive ever worked with. Now if i could get an actual response on a good size racing carb for an otherwise stock engine with a straight pipe and reverse cone megaphone? Ill be getting one with a manual choke and i plan to ditch the vacuum petcock for a manual switch

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()