Author Topic: Kymco Agility 50cc refuses to go above 25mph!!! :-(  (Read 2666 times)

Bigbadbro

• View Profile
Kymco Agility 50cc refuses to go above 25mph!!! :-(
« on: September 13, 2016, 05:03:43 PM »
 I guys/gals... I bought a 50cc Agility which had been in storage for 2 years, driving it home I noticed it refused to go past 25mph, got it home decided to De restrict it.... De restricted boss, cdi New spark plug air filter, fuel removed and replaced with fresh petrol and new air filter.... I noticed during strip down that the main jet was an 82.... Took it out a run and still 25mph top speed!!! :-( when I put the bike on the centre stand and rev it out it it seems to drop and rise in revs, however if I back it up a bit the revs rise.... I need help guys!!! Bigger jet needed???

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Agility 50cc refuses to go above 25mph!!! :-(
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 02:01:56 AM »
Pull your plug & look at the color on the electrode. Dark brown, or black is running rich, light tan, grey or white is lean If lean you should hear the exhaust popping at wide open throttle. If lean clean the carb paying attention to the holes in the jets, & small holes in the emulsion tube of the pilot jet. Look for restrictions/small grains in the holes. This can be a result of ethanol gas. Try to use non-ethanol gas if possible. Check the float level also. If rich again clean the carb check float level & if hollow floats shake them to see if you can hear gas sloshing inside, if you can they have a leak. Replace the float Black sponge floats push your finger on it if you see a wet impression around you finger it's water/gas logged replace the float. Also test the choke/auto by-starter which would cause the bike to  run rich if defective. Couple of other things the diaphragm on the top of the carb controls the opening of the slide. The 1st 1/4 throttle is the butterfly then vacumm on the diaphragm opens the slide as the engine needs. Check it for holes cracks or folded in. If this doesn't help could be in the variator or clutch bad rollers, look for flat spots. Or dirt try cleaning parts that move or slide. Hope this helps!
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

Bigbadbro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 07:40:36 AM »
Thank you buddie!!! Spark plug tan colour, and rollers have a slight flat spot

Bigbadbro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »
Update on the Agility problem....
Changed the rollers to 2.7g New ones and old ones had a definite flat spot on them, cleaned out the carbs again, diaghram in perfect order, floats all good, I've put in a 92 jet, plug is slightly tanned in colour so happy with that, I've an unrestricted boss in and an unrestricted cdi in. Took it out today, 25 on the flat, 15mph uphill and a barely 35 mph down hill  >:(!!!! Guys help me here or I'll set fire to this thing!!! Lol

Bigbadbro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 08:59:49 AM »
Forgot to mention I also disconnected the auto choke but no change in problem

Bigbadbro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 01:47:43 PM »
This is the unrestricted cdi I bought

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 10:05:12 PM »
The bigger jet is probably where you want to be depending on the altitude you're at.
Sounds like you're very lite on the rollers from what I've read. I'm running a 72cc Big Bore with 8 gram rollers.  You probably want some where around 6 to 6.5 grams. The weight of the rollers create centrifugal force that open the sheaves/shift, less weight you need more rpm's, more weight less rpm's to create that force/for the shift to happen. Depending on the power of the engine & the load it's trying to move there's a "sweet spot"/rpm you want to be at.
Also the auto-by-starter needs power to close, Open it's in start mode constantly richening/supplying extra gas, plug it back in.
One other thing to try is if you have the stock CDI try running it & see if it helps. I've read there's some bad after market CDI's out there that don't work very well.
You can search this form for specific info say clutch/variator wieght. There's a lot of info in it. Read lots & sort through it not all of it's good info. Who knows maybe not even my info :-)
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 07:03:13 PM »
A stock agilty.should have a at least 5 gram rollers and no bigger then a 84 main jet.82 is just fine. And should be doing 42 or better.

Bigbadbro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 08:15:18 PM »
Thanks guy's, I'll get 6/6.5 gram rollers, try that, I'll also jet her back down to 84.

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 09:07:54 PM »
I looked at spec's in the manual for my 2013 & I didn't see roller weight listed. Just off memory I think mine had 6.5 grams in it stock. The roller O.D. is listed at 16mm with a service limit of 15.4mm. If they have flat spots they are shot.
Stock jet listed as an 85. That's going to be on the lean side to meet emissions so you can go bigger. Run it for a day or two & read the plug, when it starts turn brown your too big, light tan is what you want.
Make sure there's no rodent nests in the intake system or in the exhaust. The intake you can inspect visually the exhaust you could pull it off & blow through it.
Once again if you have the stock CDI give it a try & see if it helps.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()