Author Topic: UK legal headlights  (Read 2489 times)

Kymsec99

• View Profile
Re: UK legal headlights
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 07:45:49 PM »
Ok, so managed to do a DIY job of securing glass to lens. I used a wrap of plumbers silicon tape, secured with electrical tape here n there. Also should help keep the samp out hopefully. The clips supplied with the new headlight are impossible to refit, so used my old ones, nice fit!
A few attempts a lining up/re-clipping lens and its a complete hradlight.
My lights switches have no markings and were confusing me as to what did what. 1 triple switch, another double says LIGHTS and found a sneakily hidden rocker switch for FLASH!
Finally worked out the way things work and all is logical. AND the CHINESE did wire the block wrongly!
Had a mate with me for this headlight session. He suddenly says, pointing at the top of my front forks....'shouldn't there be bolts on those holes?' FFS!!! Missing top pinch bolts! Gonna have to look around bike, to see what other spare nuts n bolts the previous owner accumalated!
Spotted Zinc 8.8 high tensile bolt/washer/nylon locknut sets on eBay....hope these will be good enough?

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 12:09:58 PM »
Looks like you're getting there. Just tedious work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Kymsec99

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 03:13:17 PM »
 Well, having done about 160 miles in the last 4 weeks of being on the road, I'm quite impressed with this bike.
I've done a couple of 50 mile rides with no problems, albeit the carb badly needs cleaning, so some stuttering occurs over 50mph. The headlight is better than I thought for a 35/35w, but would be a slight struggle in rain during darkness, but going a little slower in rain is no bad thing.
 Just placed a massive order on eBay, for bike bits. Getting fuel hose+clips, fuel filter, Yuasa battery, Oximiser charger, carb cleaner+tool, electric contact cleaner, double copper sparkplug +gapping tool/wire brush, air pressure guage, semi setting gasket paste, LED mirror set, 2x mirror adapters, 4x LED indicators (2 spare) + LED relay, 3x thermal socks and amoured waterproof pants.
Still have other bits in mind, like heatshrink
 Had some rubber side panel lugs arrive from China. Quite good fit, but were a little too tight for the plastic prongs....I broke 2 on one panel! So widened the lug holes to fit and ordered another side panel.....cannot believe I found one, as this bike is so very rare!
 Maybe getting daytime running lights, but will have to think about wiring direct to battery with an independant switch. They are 3w each (2 of) and running them through the 3w headlight side bulb circuit probably won't be a good idea, as by law, I have to keep that bulb alight too! Maybe fit a 0.5 - 1w LED bulb in headlight, then add 2, 1 - 1.5w LED running lights to do this?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()