Author Topic: "The Price is Right" gives away scooters  (Read 1394 times)

Forbes1964

• View Profile
"The Price is Right" gives away scooters
« on: August 16, 2016, 03:30:10 PM »
During my unexpected "extended vacation", I've been watching A LOT of television. One of those shows is "The Price is Right " . Since I've been watching it, it seems that at least once or twice a week one of the prizes is a scooter or pair of scooters. The first few times I'd turn away because I didn't want to see a scooter since I can't ride one anymore for a while, maybe never. But eventually I made myself pay attention . I was expecting the scooter to be a Chinese 50cc brand. But to my surprise it was a Burgman 200. Not sure what the other brands were . But it was nice to see them.

I saw more country road capable scooters advertised on "The Price is Right" in one month, than I've seen advertised anywhere else in my entire lifetime!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: "The Price is Right" gives away scooters
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 05:36:17 PM »
Let's Make A Deal has quite a few, as well. Have seen a lot of Kymco and Sym...then, of course, your cheap Bearcats and VIP's
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 06:21:57 PM »
"Price is right" today, "General Hospital" tomorrow! Watch out for Luke and Laura! We gotta get up a road trip to rescue Forbes!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 07:05:57 PM »
The demographics that watch games shows are those that are more like to buy scooters. How many of us here are 40 and older? We are a significant portion of the scooter buyers in America. It wasn't until I was in my 40s that I seriously considered owning a scooter. Before that I would have thought "pretty weenie"! I know better now and love these 2 wheelers.

I really wish scooter manufacturers would advertise more. Wouldn't that be cool to see Kymco advertised on the Super Bowl? 

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 10:15:13 PM »
The demographics that watch games shows are those that are more like to buy scooters. How many of us here are 40 and older? We are a significant portion of the scooter buyers in America. It wasn't until I was in my 40s that I seriously considered owning a scooter. Before that I would have thought "pretty weenie"! I know better now and love these 2 wheelers.

I really wish scooter manufacturers would advertise more. Wouldn't that be cool to see Kymco advertised on the Super Bowl?
Exactly! People say that you can't expand the scooter market beyond the current demographics. Perhaps that may be so. But the truth is that most 40+ year olds don't even know that they make scooters other than those 50cc scooters  that college students ride. As sick as it sounds, several of my friends gained a new found respect for scooters when they found out that mine went fast enough to nearly kill me. They didn't know scooters went that fast. Nor did they know that some were highway capable and could go on the 100+ mile trip that I was on.

If people don't know your product exists, they'll never buy it.

2009 Xciting 250

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 10:30:40 PM »
"Price is right" today, "General Hospital" tomorrow! Watch out for Luke and Laura! We gotta get up a road trip to rescue Forbes!

Karl
You mean "Young and Restless " . I was raised a Victor Neuman CBS guy. Lol.

2009 Xciting 250

Ernestt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 12:04:42 AM »
When I was at my motorcycle class a couple of months ago I was one of 12 in the class there were two guys exited about lower cc bikes but nobody new that 250 cc scooter was an option not even the the two experienced Harley guys
2009 kymco people 250s

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 12:11:16 AM »
Hey Forbes, I like the villains in those soap operas. They were always easy to spot. Always accompanied by evil music and an eye patch!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()