Author Topic: Need help with 2009 Sento 50, no forum ? If not here where should I post ??  (Read 1619 times)

dbcove

• 2009 Sento 50 wy6 owner
    • View Profile
So I inherited a 2009 Kymco Sento 50cc scooter. It was stored half a summer then started up, winterized and stored through the winter until about a month ago. I charged battery, dumped all old gas out and replaced with new 91 octane. Turns over but no start. So, from reading and you-tubing I adjusted the valves to .003 intake, .004 exhaust. Replaced plug. Check that I had spark ( i do ). After cranking for a bit pulled plug, dry a s a bone. Pulled gas line and saw that no gas was coming to carb. Pulled out vacuum fed petcock and blasted with compressed air and blew and sucked onto orifice until I could here valve opening and closing. Reassembled and now get gas out on every intake stroke. Cranked more, plug still dry. So, borrowed carb cleaning tools from a friend and disassembled card cleaning all parts with carb cleaner then scrubbing out every orifice with the carb brushes and cleaning pins. Then sprayed inside and out hitting all the passage ways again. Reassembled....plug still dry. Know there's intake pressure cause that's the vacuum that send the gas.
Stuck...next trip will be to a service garage ( UGH ), unless you folks can help ! Eagerly awaiting any suggestions. Thanks in Advance !!!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Sounds like you shoulda got everything BUT can you see through the jets, especially the idle jet after cleaning? Also the passages could be blocked in the idle circuit from the idle jet to the venturi.

I don't really know what a Sento is but I'd bet it is similar to an Agility if it's a four-stroke and all the other 50 cc two-strokes.

Karl
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 04:09:11 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

dbcove

• View Profile
Yeah, its a 50CC WY6 engine, 4 stroke. With the carb cleaning tools I was really able to scrub inside and outside of all passages. I'm thinking maybe the diaphragm is old maybe so the gas isn't going from the float bowl ? When I pull it to clean it there is gas in the carburetor that spills out...

dbcove

• View Profile
Also want to add that spraying started fluid in the air intake will get it to run until the fluid runs out...

dbcove

• View Profile
Hate to press the easy button but should I just grab a new carb ? $40 all inclusive of choke and accelerator pump. My other worry is this vacuum fed petcock is working when unplugged from carb but not as well when plugged onto carb but there should be no difference or additional resistance to gas flowing into the carb once attached...

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
pull gas line off carb and crank motor is gas come out of line then check your float thats what happened to me when I tried to change my jet first time float got a lil out of whack and wasn't allowing fuel into bowl.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
Did those have it where they wouldn't start with the kickstand down? Can't remember, or maybe you have the button still switched off on the handlebars. I've seen it happen a hundred times

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()