Author Topic: Parts quality ?? Again  (Read 460 times)

Gasngo

• View Profile
Parts quality ?? Again
« on: July 31, 2016, 02:32:44 PM »
Ok scoot running just wanted to do some tuning. Taking the advice form another member I was planning on 1500 rpm clutch & torque springs. At the time I ordered my parts a few weeks back there was no 1500 torque spring available. So I ordered a blue 1000 and the 1500 rpm clutch. Got around to doing the work last night and decided to compare torque spring tension between the new blue 1000 and what came off which had some blue paint on it hear and there. I made a simple test tool with my bathroom scale and 2 equal height blocks to each of the scale then pressed the springs down with a straight edge. I assume that I collapsed the springs half way and the stock resisted to 40lbs and the new blue stopped of at 34 lbs. Sorry for the book but its how my brain works not to mention if some else is want to compare its pretty easy. I'm happy with my supplier but are these really really cheep China stuff. I'm expecting a 1500 tomorrow to compare. I'm wondering do are the 1500 clutch springs in the same category. Will I find out they are no different then what I have. What the stock torque spring spec if there is one. Its my understanding the clutch spring are 850?  I'm open for input.

Cheers Brad

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()