Author Topic: carbs interchangable /gas not reaching the engine  (Read 1052 times)

jesseg010

• View Profile
carbs interchangable /gas not reaching the engine
« on: July 31, 2016, 09:04:33 AM »
50cc agility 2006,
three times I've taken apart the carb for cleaning and three times it has been full of gas!
unfortunately the gas is still not reaching the engine.
what could the problem be?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:39:40 PM by jesseg010 »

Gasngo

• View Profile
Re: gas not reaching the engine
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 02:11:55 PM »
First thing make sure you did not leave anything out of the carb by accident. Is easy to do. From there the jets need to be inspected. The idle jet [forgive me on specific correct wording ] is micro small and even difficult to see through it.  I'm a mechanic by trade so taking things apart and putting them back together is not a big deal to me but theres always something to learn. Look for a Ytube vid you might see something that you missed and like I said the one jet is very easy to be clogged. I assume you have spark? Can you verify that your machine will run with just squirting some gas down the intake. Carefully!!!!!! Also make sure you have no vacuum leaks that would not allow for suction to draw the fuel into the motor.

Cheeds Brad

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 03:14:01 PM »
If it doesn't fire when you put gas directly into it hold your hand over the intake & check for suction
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

jesseg010

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 03:38:56 PM »
good tip, I don't think I left anything out. there is vacuum and I used a small syringe to apply gas to the engine. it fired up. so now I know the problem lyse in the carb. like I said the carb it getting gas. but it is not evacuating to the engine. so I'm wondering are carburetors interchangeable similar to older model vehicles? I would like to get a new carb but the exact replacement would ruin me $180.00. I seen some 50cc carbs go for as little as $50.00
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:53:45 PM by jesseg010 »

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 04:58:09 PM »
used a small syringe to apply gas to the engine. it fired up. so now I know the problem lyse in the carb
Hard to believe there is sufficient intake manifold vacuum, since there are 3 ports from the carb fuel bowl to the throttle bore . . enricher (choke), pilot, and main.  Is the carb vent hose open to atmosphere?  Have you checked valve clearance?

! No longer available

! No longer available

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()