Author Topic: Derestricting the Kymco Super 8 4T?  (Read 37046 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Derestricting the Kymco Super 8 4T?
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2010, 01:14:58 PM »
Turning the screw clockwise LEANS the idle mixture. If you do the 95 main jet, and do a plug chop you will know better how much more jet you need. Adjust the idle mix screw to the highest rpm's you can get, and then turn it 1/4 turn counter clockwise. That is the cioorct setting. Once you get that right use the slide stop screw to adjust for the proper idle rpm's. The spot welds may just pop out w/ a chisel, but you would be better off using a dremel tool or a drill to remove most of the weld before trying to bang them out.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2010, 04:43:01 PM »
I thought turning the screw in (clockwise) richened the mixture and turning it out (counter clockwise) leaned the mixture. So it is the opposite way around?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2010, 05:04:42 PM »
Regardless Follow Zombie"s advise.It's the proper setting for your idle mix it does not affect the rest of throttle responce.You should not run at wot untill you have installed the bigger main jets!removing the cone at this point will most likely make the condition worse(leaner)Be carefull!
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2010, 10:57:35 PM »
...clockwise makes the mix lean...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2010, 05:31:11 PM »
My bike is going in for it's service in the morning... I will give them my 95 jet so they can change it over. Do any of you think 95 is a good choice considering my Leo Vince exhaust and upjetting from stanard 80??

art

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2010, 05:44:37 PM »
It's a good start,the plug read is the only way to get it right.

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2010, 12:59:40 PM »
Right.. the garage sorted all my problems including my idling problem.. it was the exhaust emmissions system that had a kink in it and was being caught by the center stand.. anyway that has been bypassed now so it has no emmission control system. New spark plug has been put in as well as new oil and a good general check and adjustment of the carburetor. He tried the 95 jet but apparently it ran awful in mid-range so he put in a 82 jet. It is great now.. really smooth. But the exhaust is still restricted.. that is the only restricton on the bike now.. if I remove the cone in the head.. will I need to upjet?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2010, 04:27:11 PM »
Need to learn to read your plugs,Thought you said you were doing the airbox also #95 good start there an #85 good start with the pipe opened up only.All these mods will increase your air flow,the more air you move the larger the jets you will need.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()