Author Topic: phone holder  (Read 2192 times)

mnpugdog

• View Profile
phone holder
« on: July 01, 2016, 06:07:12 PM »
OK thought I would start a new topic on this. I came across this somewhere, it might have been on here. What do you guys think of this? I like that it seems like it would be a nice solid install and looks like it would hold the phone well. Plus it would be easy to put a thin Qi charger I found on Amazon so it could also charge my phone as I ride. I might like it better then the RAM mount.

Thoughts?

https://taiwanbigscootershop.com/collections/downtown-parts/products/kymco-downtown-superdink-mobile-phone-holder-multi-function-integrated-system?variant=20773405953

OK I found where I found the website, wheels found it and talked about it in his mirror thread.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 06:19:40 PM by mnpugdog »

deedah37

• View Profile
Re: phone holder
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 03:53:19 AM »
Not sure if you have found all the info you needed on this topic...

I use the Ram mount on the left brake reservoir and I like it. I recently found a two piece arm for the ram that makes it even a little better. I use the large. X-Grip from RAM to hold my IPhone 6Plus. I was still worried it may pop out in extreme situations so I found a rubber piece from ram that holds the corners to the XGRip and it is very secure now.

Not saying it is the best solution because it kind of blocks my vision of the speedo a little...I have to look around it a little.

The plus is it is forward in my vision and is easy to click stuff on the phone if I need to while riding. Reaching between handlebars to top of dash never felt comfortable to me on other bikes.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 03:08:06 PM »
The actual holder is a RAM product it's just the other piece that was made to fit the DT there. And Yeah I will have to think about if I like it there or want it mounted elsewhere. I was going to use it for GPS and music off my phone. Thought that using the windshield as a deflector would help with the sound of the music too.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 03:52:03 PM »
Found a new holder that would work great on the DT. Now to find a place that will ship to the USA.

http://www.interphone.com/en/products/protection/pro-case-for-scooter-galaxy-s5/23606

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()