Author Topic: Parts Quality ??  (Read 3515 times)

Gasngo

• View Profile
Re: Parts Quality ??
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 08:08:40 PM »
Thanks for the input. Heading to the beach for sun and a cold brew. I'll do some research and post my findings.

cheers Brad

Gasngo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 06:12:40 PM »
Im ready to order parts anybody have a problem with replacing the stock 17mm carb with a 19 mm. I do plan on the springs and the no rev cdi. The bike is stock so the rollers are 6.5 I assume. I have read sliders work better ? would I stay with the same weight or go to 6.0 grams. Just fine tuning the order. Hopefully I order shortly and have thing here by the weekend.

Cheers Brad

Gasngo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 06:16:31 PM »
Just read where sliders of the same weight behave like lighter rollers now I understand the same weight reason.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:20:39 PM by Gasngo »

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 10:33:24 PM »
You said you have spark. It should be white in color Yellow would be a weak spark & may be your problem. For the stuck screw try putting your screwdriver into the screw & hit the end of handle driving into the screw. This will help set the driver into the screw for a better bite & also the shock/harmonics will help to break the screw loose. I usually do this to all the screws when working on small carbs, it really does help to not strip the screw.
If you spray just a little shot/for 1 second, of carb cleaner into the intake while cranking the bike should fire. That will help you figure out if it's fuel or spark.
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

Gasngo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 10:32:29 PM »
Thanks for the input JR I dont have a problem with tight screws my comment was when I hit the old CDI with a screw driver I get spark. A soon as I reconnect to the spark plug on the cyl then I loose spark. I repeated this several times to verify my problem. I just finished replacing the CDI with a new one and replace the carp with a 19 mm instead of the original 17 mm? if Im correct and after a few cranks we are back on line. Yea!! As per previous post on springs and weights my source that I ordered from did not have the 1500 rpm torque spring but did have the 1500 clutch springs. Assuming the original rollers are 6.5 and I could not get 6.5 sliders at the time I ordered 6.0 sliders instead of rollers. I thought I would try those out before I try the springs. Or should just go all the way. I will say this Im very happy with the parts supplier.  Scoot running looking forward to see how it behaves with the no limit CDI and larger carb if I even notice the difference. I would think I will. More to come.

Gasngo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2016, 05:19:40 PM »
Ok replaced the CDI and we have spark. For grins I left the original carb on and no start even after several attempts. I knew the jets where messy from sitting. Installed the new carb and a few bumps and away we go. The original carb appears to have a accelerator pump? The new one does not  that I can see. I went ahead and installed the 6 gram sliders without any spring change. I personally cant tell a big difference in overall performance. The CDI is unrestricted to my knowledge and the variator sleeve is smooth all the way no shoulder on it so it must have been done by the dealer.  I suppose I feel a slight improvement on out of the hole take off but marginal. Top speed on a flat surface around 37 according to the speedo. About 20ish up hills. I dont expect much more thought about a exhaust pipe upgrade.  Maybe go ahead and find a torque spring and install both clutch and torque springs to get moving faster?  Should I really be able to tell if the no rev limit CDI as doing what its supposed to. Whose to say that the original was not already set up for no rev limit from the dealer and part of the derestrict?  Any thoughts welcome.

Gasngo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 05:49:39 PM »
Took another ride and I think I have more mid range power than before. I believe the spring mods will help on the get out of the hole affect but for now I only have the clutch springs. I would be curious to see what the results are with mod alone.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()