Author Topic: Parts Quality ??  (Read 3516 times)

Gasngo

• View Profile
Parts Quality ??
« on: June 07, 2016, 09:01:25 PM »
Well I see the activity here has been slow [I stand corrected I posted in the wrong place] so maybe I can liven it up. Any opinions [oopphhsss]  on parts quality. I have a Agility 50 that died while driving. Seems to get one spot of spark then thats it. Im a mechanic by trade and have been taking things apart and fixing since I was a little kid. Im about to dive in for some testing. If the stator or something needs to be replaced I would like to know if there is better quality parts that would last longer than 100 miles and 3 or 4 years.
Any input is welcome.

ronaldthumser

• View Profile
Re: Parts Quality ??
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 09:30:51 AM »
Not really if there Chinese but there a lot of parts that can b slightly modified to work  for it. Dirt Bikes and some  and I don't mean anything crazy but like how they mount   pretty much gy6 based ATVs make sure what u have electrically if it's an AC or DC bike then go from there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gasngo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 12:32:50 PM »
Thanks for the input. From what I see on the web prices are all over the place wondering if something like NCY parts have a better reliability considering Taiwan verse random Chinese?  A few bucks more for reliability and my time spent working on the thing are considered.

ronaldthumser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 04:26:01 PM »
Yes Taiwan Parts tend to be far superior then Chinese parts. A lot of the Chinese factories that make some of these parts have like dirt floors I'm not kidding

ronaldthumser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 04:30:06 PM »
But to b honest your better off buying parts that will work for a different type of bike and mod in them to make them fit your application if you worried about quality a lot of the Honda stuff is very much direct swap over because they're the ones that came up with the GY6 based engine Weatherby a139 qmb or 157 qmj they're all inherently the same with some slight variations between this and that

ronaldthumser

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 04:32:05 PM »
And depending on what kind of a budget you have Taida racing South parts of a GY6 based engines they're very high quality but kind of expensive for instance for a little over a thousand bucks you can get a fully built GY6 150cc best scooter engine with a 27 horsepower at the crank

ronaldthumser

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 04:34:18 PM »
The south is not supposed to be in there it's just Taida racing

Gasngo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 10:54:00 PM »
What do you get when you whack a CDI box with a screwdriver handle?? Spark! Interesting that I can give the CDI a crisp whack and get spark but as soon as I plug into the plug I get one fire in the engine and thats all. Whack it again same results spark on on the spare plug hook back up and one bump then done. I assume that the actual load must break down some where. Ill order a new CDI and a coil no doubt the factory coil is cheeezy.  Anybody see this?

ronaldthumser

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 03:56:53 AM »
Honestly I've had less problems with the factory coils then I have had with like the hit coils or the orange performance coils there's a bunch of Chinese companies pushing s*** quills and orange performance coils and they're not really put together well but they're saying that there are name brands so personally I would try to get the new CDI first if that doesn't fix the issue then I will go ahead and replace the coil with the standard because generally speaking from experience they would seem to work better as far as actually putting spark when you put it on like a little testing device

ronaldthumser

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 03:58:09 AM »

ronaldthumser

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 03:59:12 AM »
This is the scooter I have now   I have had several over the last 10 years

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 01:45:36 PM »
Nice.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Gasngo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 09:51:22 PM »
Good looking machine. I assume 2 stroke by the looks of the pipe. I plan on ordering a no rev from M scooter parts as big as they are if I have issue then they there to back it up. {I dont remember rules on name dropping so if someone says remove it I will] Also another outfit has a Orange CDI & Coil combo for the same price as the DCI at M Scoot. I ought to take advantage of the discount M Scoot and order more stuff. The machine is stock and my wife rides it mostly so I dont need a rocket but it is slower than my Rough House so any suggestions welcome. From what I have read a slider mod and maybe carb jet and the variator sleeve. I do think  that it is justified to spend the extra money regarding performance because I would like her to have the ability to get across a intersection without getting run over.

ronaldthumser

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 02:21:02 AM »
No actually a 4 stroke       u can use a good 2 stroke exhaust on a 4 stroke of similar size as a performance exhaust because a 2 stroke pushes more air through it    so in effect on a four stroke it's like a straight pipe sorta  very low restriction.  The two-stroke uses that funny-looking chamber to create a Sonic pulse which helps in the aid of evacuation and holding the air inside a two-stroke in were it's supposed to be because there is no valves but that has no effect on a 4 stroke motor

ronaldthumser

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 02:32:20 AM »
Good looking machine. I assume 2 stroke by the looks of the pipe. I plan on ordering a no rev from M scooter parts as big as they are if I have issue then they there to back it up. {I dont remember rules on name dropping so if someone says remove it I will] Also another outfit has a Orange CDI & Coil combo for the same price as the DCI at M Scoot. I ought to take advantage of the discount M Scoot and order more stuff. The machine is stock and my wife rides it mostly so I dont need a rocket but it is slower than my Rough House so any suggestions welcome. From what I have read a slider mod and maybe carb jet and the variator sleeve. I do think  that it is justified to spend the extra money regarding performance because I would like her to have the ability to get across a intersection without getting run over.
I find them on eBay   there all just about the same.   And I wouldn't bother with the torque sheve.   Chang the springs  in the clutch to 1500 rpm.   And the the torque spring 2 a 1500 rpm as well. There usually yellow.  And do the sliders of the same weight as the rollers u got now  that alone will dramatically change how the scooter accelerates from dead stop to full speed
 if you go with the 2000 RPM its kind of racy not as easy to use day to day and that's more for the track or keep stock clutch spring and go with yellow torque spring     the torque spring is what keeps it in a lower gear you can accelerate faster yellow and should not impede the top end too much if you go to the red ones might not be able to get the top speed but you'll be able to accelerate up hill like crazy

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()