Author Topic: Sputters and dies when sitting in idle after driving for a while...  (Read 1726 times)

Pelican

• View Profile
I own a 2014 model and this issue is fairly new, after the bike is warmed up and has been driven around for a while, if I pull up to stop light and end up having to wait for a while without twisting the throttle a bit every once and awhile itll "skip a beat" once then suddenly die shortly after, it starts right back up most of the time but not always, it has even done it while coasting to a stop for stop signs and lights, any suggestions on what it may be please, it is beyond frustrating?

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
I would check idle speed and maybe adjust it up a little and run a little  Seafoam in the gas. Next would be check the air filter. Maybe just back blow it out with a leaf blower or shop vac.  Start cheap and simple.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
An Iridium NGK spark plug might help stabilize the idle.....but probably will not cure a scooter that stalls at off-throttle.
Miles on this scooter?
Air filter & spark plug replaced and valves last serviced?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Pelican

• View Profile
An Iridium NGK spark plug might help stabilize the idle.....but probably will not cure a scooter that stalls at off-throttle.
Miles on this scooter?
Air filter & spark plug replaced and valves last serviced?
Stig

-I adjusted the valves during my last oil change and were aligned but I'll try checking again
-I also replaced the spark plug recently
-It has 6700 miles
-And I'm actually waiting on an air filter
Thanks for the suggestions cause it all helps.

erics

• View Profile
Sounds like a fuel problem. Let's know the outcome after doing the simple things that the others have suggested.
If all else fails then get a can of carb spray. Remove the diaphragm cover and the choke. Ensure that the diaphragm does not have any holes
Use about 1/4 can in the carb throttle body and choke opening. Let the bike sits for a few minutes before reassemble.
Twist the throttle full and swing engine a few times. Turn in the idle screw 2 full turn clockwise then start the engine and let it warm up.
Return idle screw to its original position
Good luck

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()