Author Topic: Shootin' pix  (Read 2703 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Shootin' pix
« on: May 05, 2016, 12:05:42 AM »
OK, I truly hope this comes across as a friendly comment.....probably not many will agree with me. But...
Here goes....

My take on motorcycle and/or scooter pictures and videos:

Pictures of the Grand Canyon are cool; Big Sur waves crashing, cool; Eiffel Tower neat, PCH groovy, etc. ....but those images  are already avail. in National Geographic mags, yes? And by the best photogs in the world. If I personally want to see those ~ I'll go visit my dentist, otherwise.....

AND > Videos of trees, cars, houses, goats, Big Foot, Macy's etc. - coming at us and flashing by - at any speed - are interesting if we've never heard of a GoPro, or never seen a moving picture.

Now, pictures of a scooter next to an abandoned gas station are of interest to a bunch of scooter folks because there is a S _ _ _ _ _ R  in the picture. Yes?!

OK, same holds true with a GoPro video.....to prove that the video was not shot while standing up through the sun-roof of a 1987 Yugo... you need to put a what in all of the camera footage ??

YES, scooters !!
Scooters are of interest to scooter forums....so if the camera is mounted somewhere on the person or scooter so that we can see a scooter on the screen - imagine how interesting it will be to scooter lovers - not just tree and stop sign lovers!!

I watched nearly an hour of a video of a Burgman 125 going through the German Alps because he kept a scooter in the view finder for each second of filming! Watched the whole video of a 125 Honda PCX going around Europe, same deal....two gals on a pair of Triumphs riding along the Med. etc. etc. because they kept a helmet view of their bikes dash board & screen, or a front wheel bouncing, or a bike ahead of them,  in the video.

OK, now I'll go over here and be quiet.
Stig
PS: I know I'm weird - because I have, and would rather, watch a 60 min. walking tour of the streets of Paris  than black-top coming at me at 45MPH from a GoPro mounted to who knows what.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:35:20 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MJR

• View Profile
Re: Shootin' pix
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:11:52 AM »
Looks like a Burgman 650 to me.  :o

I watched nearly an hour of a video of a Burgman 125 going through the German Alps because he kept a scooter in the view finder for each second of filming!

'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 02:35:44 AM »
Looks like a Burgman 650 to me.  :o

The 125 was shooting the video....lots of scoots in front of him for most of the hour.

Stig
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 01:28:33 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 03:32:12 AM »
No offence taken Stig.
You nailed it.
Scoots and more scoots, yeah!

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

mcdcfc3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 11:18:30 AM »
Last evening was warm and sunny. Had a lovely ride around rural England. Can't tell you how good it was to ride as the sun was going down

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 02:54:29 PM »
I tend to take a lot of pics.  Whenever possible I try to get a bike in the pic.  For scenic shots I try to park my bike so it will be in the pic:

And just to give equal time to my other scooter:

I don't shoot video but I do take a lot of pics with my left hand while riding.  When I do that I try to have some bikes in front of me.

I also often ride ahead and set up to get pics of the bikes as they come by:

Here's a video made by someone who was riding behind me.  My scooter is in much of the video.  The combination of  bike(s) in the video and cool soundtrack makes a pleasure for me to watch this video.  Without the music and bikes in the pic I'd be bored after about 30 seconds.  I was leading this ride but in some cases I was too far ahead to be in the video.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:02:18 PM by klaviator »
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 04:09:46 PM »
Last evening was warm and sunny. Had a lovely ride around rural England. Can't tell you how good it was to ride as the sun was going down

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Your scoot in that second to last picture is a great looking bike!
I have only seen 300cc Kymcos on the dealer floor in the butterscotch or faded orange (color is probably why that same scooter has been sitting there for 2 1/2 yrs !)- whatever it's called.
Your scoot is pretty darn sharp looking. I think those colors all work well together.
Thanks for the pix from the U.K. !
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 05:14:09 PM »
My action cam is arriving May 6 so I'm wondering where should I mount this thing when I ride? I'm planning a trip along the Mississippi river later this summer and the views should be spectacular. Riding with a friend on a HD. So I should mount it on his bike and stay in front the whole time right. :) The cam will have a remote so hopefully I could activate it when I want. That would be neat.
Wayne

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 05:53:07 PM »
Dang how much top end do you loose with that license plate.  :D Looks like an air brake.

'14 White MyRoad 700i

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 06:13:21 PM »
Couldn't agree more Stig. Here's a few of our trip to the BRP last fall.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 08:05:37 PM »
Those red Shwings are Shweet.
'14 White MyRoad 700i

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 11:58:08 PM »
Did a photo shoot today of the P200 in town in our historic district with brick streets. The red street and black bike combo is kinda cool.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 03:44:50 AM »
Nice, hopefully you didn't go wandering off with the keys in the trunk.
'14 White MyRoad 700i

djpo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 04:44:32 PM »
OK, I truly hope this comes across as a friendly comment.....probably not many will agree with me. But...
Here goes....

My take on motorcycle and/or scooter pictures and videos:

Pictures of the Grand Canyon are cool; Big Sur waves crashing, cool; Eiffel Tower neat, PCH groovy, etc. ....but those images  are already avail. in National Geographic mags, yes? And by the best photogs in the world. If I personally want to see those ~ I'll go visit my dentist, otherwise.....

AND > Videos of trees, cars, houses, goats, Big Foot, Macy's etc. - coming at us and flashing by - at any speed - are interesting if we've never heard of a GoPro, or never seen a moving picture.

Now, pictures of a scooter next to an abandoned gas station are of interest to a bunch of scooter folks because there is a S _ _ _ _ _ R  in the picture. Yes?!

Since I recently post a video of driving down the road with my scooter out of frame, I'll respond to this. No offense taken, but I actually have a differing opinion regarding filming with the S_ _ _ _ _ R out of frame.

When looking at videos on the web, I actually PREFER to see footage of the scenery rather than focus on the vehicle from where the footage is being taken.  I know the person shooting the footage riding a scooter, a car, a skateboard, etc, because they've likely mentioned it, sometimes ad nauseum in their posts, profile, etc.

It's great to see pictures of scooters, cars, mcs, etc, I agree... but I AM looking for scenery, landscape, cityscape, beach, mountains, etc. I want to get a feel for where you're at, not what you're riding/driving. I also like to imagine myself on my road bike, my SUV or my scooter in place of the POV; scenery only videos allow me to do that.

This is a scooter forum, so I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say most videos are taken from a scooter.

I'm new here, but IMHO if you don't want to see a video of scenery sans scooter, then simply don't watch it. This would allow everyone to feel free to contribute what they want and allow viewers to get to choose.

No offense meant. Just sharing a contrary POV.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:46:33 PM by djpo »
🏍  Rolling in style on a 2015 Kymco Like 200i  🏍
Smoking the streets of Kitsap County - Washington State

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 08:25:25 PM »
^^^ This.

I don't mind seeing vids or pics of scooters but it should be based on context.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()