Author Topic: Derestricting a Kymco Vitality 50cc 4t  (Read 28200 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Derestricting a Kymco Vitality 50cc 4t
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 04:14:38 AM »
There are 15-20 people here willing to get you going, and maybe 2-3 that care about INSC. Won't tell you where I fall in the mix. Even posting the colors will get you where you want to be. Kick A$$ TREVSN!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thelastkahl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 01:33:11 PM »
Hey there Brian.  I just made the "incision" on my CDI on my 06 Vitality last week and got 5-7 more mph.  Take a look at these pics of my CDI before I cut it. My CDI is located  underneath the seat.  These pics are of the CDI still attached...http://cid-da80bd52d440bde2.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/CDI%20on%202006%20Kymco%20Vitality%204t

If it looks like this, than you should be good to make that cut...

TRESVN

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 09:02:23 PM »
Hey guys Mine looks a lil different than that. Here are the pics Now keep in mind tht I could be totally wrong about it being the cdi If so please let me know
First and second are the top and bottom views. the top says "d406"
the third and fourth are pics of where its located.
04 vitality 50 2t

TRESVN

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 09:06:06 PM »
Here's the other there are only 3 not 4 Thanks again
Brian
04 vitality 50 2t

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 09:06:54 PM »
..tresvn, either you have some emormous hands!!!, or that's the smallest cdi i've ever seen...

..damn....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thelastkahl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »
Tresvn, that is exactly where my CDI was located on my Vitality.  However  your CDI is smaller than usual or your picture portrays it to be smaller than it actually is.  But then again, I do own a 4t not a 2t so that may have something to do with its size...

I ordered my unrestricted boss for the variator yesterday and should be installing it by Saturday.  I will post back with results...

TRESVN

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 11:36:15 PM »
I'd say my hands are average. I'm 6'1" and 165 so im not all that big but the cdi or what i think is the cdi is about 1'x1"x2 1/4" ish.  I watched that video and am thinking about doing that as well. All this is after its running right but I'll start another thread so I don't hi-jack someone elses thread
04 vitality 50 2t

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 02:25:56 AM »
I ordered my unrestricted boss for the variator yesterday and should be installing it by Saturday.  I will post back with results...

..yeah man, post back!!..we love to hear th' results!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 02:28:27 AM »
My bad TRESVN, I needed the colors of the wires in the pict. If that is the one I think it is I have a link for a good replacement  about 1/2 way down that page is a cdi for the zx/super fever. It does NOT work on that scoot but it does work on 5 wire DC 12v set ups. Post he wire colors, and I'll let you know.    http://stores.ebay.com/daywot_PERFORMANCE-PARTS_W0QQ_fsubZ2QQ_sidZ20577706QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14?_pgn=2
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thelastkahl

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 03:51:04 PM »
I have a question about changing out the stock main jet?  Is this a restriction?  I'm not sure what the stock main jet for my Vitality even is...I have looked at a couple of the other threads but they usually relate to adjusting the carb after installing a high flow air filter or a performance exaust.  Should I be messing with the main jet if I am not making these modifications?  Also I have been reading a lot on tuning the carb and still feel like this is way over my head in terms of "mechanical know how".  Is it worth getting these upgraded parts (high flow air filter/Exaust) if I'm not even sure I can handle rejetting the carb?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 04:07:25 PM »
You shouldn't need to mess with the jetting unless modifications are made.  If you do an air filter and/or exhaust you will definitely need to jet.  Otherwise, in stock form it should be set up properly.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 09:22:29 PM »
And it is well worth tuning the scoot IF you don't mind lousy MPG. (about 1/2 or less of the stock scoot) If you need some speed from a 50cc then it is all fun!

TRESVN

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 11:22:14 PM »
 I forgot to check the wire colors but do have pics. Looks like 4 wires, Black and yellow, black and red, blue and yellow, and green. I managed to get it up to almost 30 mph then i ran out of driveway. I'm guessing i shouldn't expect much more with what I have.   
04 vitality 50 2t

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 04:50:12 AM »
That is 1 I don't know. maybe someone else, or try Kymco USA Tech support. ( I would call)

thelastkahl

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 02:51:44 AM »
Installed the unrestricted boss into the variator (CDI already cut)...Voila!  47 mph on a straight-a-way and 50+ on down a steep hill.  Can't beat it.  Very happy.  Okay boys tell me what's next.  Anything else you suggest for me to get the most of this 50 cc scooter?  I'm not ready for a BBK install.  But if there are some other small projects I am on board...Thank you all again for steering me in the right direction on this...especially Zombie and Slinger...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()