Poll

the nut on the exhaust?

take off
0 (0%)
leave on
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 10, 2010, 09:58:08 PM

Author Topic: kymco super 8 stock exhaust  (Read 6158 times)

fraserdredude

• View Profile
kymco super 8 stock exhaust
« on: May 03, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »
so here's the deal. i was looking over my super 8 today at the exhaust. my ped already goes 45mph but wanted to see if i could do anything to the exhaust to make it go even faster. i noticed a nut on the pipe. undid the nut with a wrench and gave it a go, no difference but noticed it sounded alot nicer. got my uncle to look at it and he said he wasnt sure what the nut did and if it was particularly harmful to keep it off. can anyone tell me what the nut is for and if i leave it off will it do the bike any damage or will it just make the bike sound nicer  :P. if anyone knows about this or has the same bike and tries it, please post. thanks. fraser

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: kymco super 8 stock exhaust
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:04:39 PM »
Can you post a pict. of what you took off?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

fraserdredude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 04:01:30 PM »
apparently the file is too large. its just a small nut on the exhaust and is easily removed and lets more air out of the exhaust. air also comes out the end of the exhaust like it should, but is now coming out 2 ways. would be good to keep it off as it sounds alot nicer. and posts will help. thanks.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »
..i think you're talking about the cap screw about halfway down the exhaust pipe...

...you can leave it out...my 4t sounds like crap with it out...

...kinda like it's spitting and sputtering....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

fraserdredude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 04:17:35 PM »
do you think it would do any damage to the bike to leave it out? as it may suck in air when releasing the throttle?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 05:08:55 PM »
...i don't think it would ever suck in air...

fraserdredude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 05:16:31 PM »
k cheers m8

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 07:42:54 PM »
If you have troubles posting picts. This is a free re-size program. Very easy to use...    http://download.cnet.com/Free-Picture-Resize-Starter/3000-12511_4-10297789.html
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 02:21:54 PM »
The hole is for measuering the exhausegas before the catalytic converter.
If you have a exhaustgas mesaure machine you make a reading there and also at the end of the exhaust to se how much NOx and CO and HC is before and after the catalytic converter.

I dont se it could many any problem what so ever if you remove the little bolt. Unless i rains alot and water comes in but the hole is so little so dont think much water can come in.

I have read that a exhaust can be built so that it creates a vacum/nagative pressure to help suck the gasoline/air even better in the next stroke. But if your cant feel a didderence in performance who cares.

Also you can try and have a look in the airbox.
On my scooter there is a small plastic peace and if i remove that my scooter sounds much more better.
But if you remove it. its best to also use a bigger jet becuase now more air comes in so there also needs to come more gasoline in so the air/fuel mixture is right.
But even if you dont change the mainjet you can still drive but if you give full throttle at once my scooter wont go anywhere so you have to give throttle little by little.
Your scooter might not have this plastic peace but mine has it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 02:26:35 PM by scootergrisen »

DB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 12:53:19 AM »
Done this today and i see what you mean about it sounding better , hopefully it doesnt effect anything else lol

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 01:00:32 AM »
Done this today and i see what you mean about it sounding better , hopefully it doesnt effect anything else lol

..a plug chop might be in order....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()