Author Topic: Alignment issue  (Read 3258 times)

mayozaj

• View Profile
Alignment issue
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:31:19 PM »
I have a new scoot (People s200).  My daughter wrecked it the first week.  I can get the cosmetic damage fixed as I get the money but it now has a "shimmy" or "wobble" to it.  Is it out of line....is there such a thing for a bike.....how is such a thing repaired?  I haven't driven it since the wreck when I realized it had this problem and I haven't had the time to get to the shop.  Just hoping someone can give me a little info so I know what to expect when I DO find time to get to the shop.

OldGuy

• View Profile
Re: Alignment issue
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 08:48:07 PM »
Bent wheel maybe?
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

mayozaj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 02:18:58 AM »
If the wheel is bent, it is not obvious upon visual inspection.  But, I'm guessing this MUST be the problem and I'm wondering is only solution a new wheel.

Travis

• View Profile
    • Travis's Blog Site
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 03:19:31 AM »
Make sure to have someone knowledgeable take a look at it... It isn't worth the safety risk to ride a bike that has been damaged without having someone knowledgeable look at it.. (Just my 2cents) 
People S200, Modulating Headlights, Brake Flasher, LED Tail Lights,  Click Picture to see additional photos.

mayozaj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 03:38:28 AM »
Yeah, after the wreck, I rode my scooter to see how things were and I immediately noticed the "shake".  I can't see exactly what is causing it but it's been parked until I can get it to the dealer.  I have a topcase waiting to be installed and I'll get it all taken care of this week.  I'm really missing the little thing, we've had a couple of really good days to ride.

Travis

• View Profile
    • Travis's Blog Site
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 04:29:53 AM »
I would miss mine for sure also... That 45+ mile ride to and from work is expensive in my car
People S200, Modulating Headlights, Brake Flasher, LED Tail Lights,  Click Picture to see additional photos.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 01:18:52 PM »
I saw something yesterday, elsewhere (I wish I could recall where) about an S200 owner having a pronounced wobble at 60mph. Please take this bike to a qualified mechanic, and have it checked out!

mayozaj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 12:48:04 PM »
I posted the alignment issue last week.  This is an update.  The mechanic found a bent brace that holds the drive shaft in line.  This created a "shimmy" or wobble that felt like it was coming from the front wheel. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()