Author Topic: who knows your parts?  (Read 4427 times)

bowtie1015000

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
who knows your parts?
« on: April 19, 2010, 03:37:16 PM »
I have owned several gy6 based scooters. My last being a new marshin (POS) that didn't last no time.So the past few months I had been in hunt of another scooter cheap becouse there was no way I could afford a new one.My aunt sold me an 07 Agility that belonged to my cuzz that died year before last. The odometer read 430 km and she let me have it for $200. I found this forum and picked up on a few simple mods. I cut the rev limiter wire in the CDI box and one of the cvt sleeves out of my old scooters worked just fine in my Agility. Instead of a 32 mph max, It raised the mph to 45.Uphill mph went from 17-22 to 32-35. I have been impressed and love the quailty of build in the scoot. Lately though the mph numbers have changed to 38 to 40 on a flat and 21 to 25 uphill. The odometer now reads 1600 km so I decided to check out the drive belt and cvt clutch. The belt is taking some wear. The pressure side of the cvt clutch is starting to groove itself and I guess it will, being that it is alum. The weights are starting to make flat spots in them. I had some new belts from my other 50cc gy6 scotters but the are to short. I take it that this must be a long case on my agility. Am I correct in my thinking and does anybody have specs and PN# on that belt? Does anybody make a cvt clutch that is not alum? Is there a better and longer lasting cvt weight that can be obtained. I have plans for this scoot. I have ordered a 80cc kit to insure that my torque is raised to compensate for a rear gear change. My agility currently has a 27:1 ratio and I have a set of 11:1 gears to replace them. That should bring top speed way up.  I'm gonna be like the cheeto's cheeta and be a bad motor scooter.
bowtie1015000

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: who knows your parts?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 08:33:56 PM »
We'll just run this on the AG/50 board...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 09:16:42 PM »
..yeah, bowtie...let's try to keep this thread on one board...

..i realize you're just comin' aboard th' forum, but you'll see that cross-posting ain't usually necessary...

..a lot of us read everything, from every board..and help out where we can...

;D

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

bowtie1015000

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:24:46 PM »
Gotcha folks. Thanks.
bowtie1015000

lankeeyankee

• I have an attitude problem with stupidity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 01:00:21 AM »
GY6 comes in 2 length Short and Long. Count the number of bolts across the top of the CVT cover. if its 3 rather then 2 you have a long case.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()