Author Topic: People s200 First Post & Review  (Read 7267 times)

Travis

• View Profile
    • Travis's Blog Site
People s200 First Post & Review
« on: May 15, 2008, 05:13:32 AM »
I am now the proud owner of a People s200.  I was eager to see that I would be the first to post about this bike.  Gasoline here hit 3.98 per gallon and I'm not prepared stay home.  My dealer was offering 1.9% financing and this bike was almost a no brainer.  My savings in fuel will pay the monthly payment easily. 

This bike will easily keep up with all traffic in the city.    I can keep up if not pass all traffic that I need to which makes it feel MUCH safer than a 49cc model that cannot get out of its own way.  This is my first motorcycle purchase and I'm pretty satisfied with it.  The only part of this motorcycle that I'm not totally satisfied about is the highway performance.  I am 6'3" 220 pounds and I have hit a maximum speed of 68-70 mph according to the in-dash speedometer.  My roommate also bought a Kymco at the same time I did (People S250) and I can keep up with him in most traffic however on the highway he has an edge of about 10 MPH (Max of approx 80).  One of the things I like about this bike the most is the looks I get as I pull away from traffic at the stop lights.

I plan to add a GPS to my bike to make sure that I'm not getting lost.  Has anyone added a GPS and if so where did you attach it?

Are there any other People s200 owners out there?  If so lets hear from you  ;D

UPDATE
I would like to update my review to nitpick about one thing on the bike.  Granted anyone outside the United States is going to laugh but I find it frustrating that the only speed that is lit up is the speed in KM/h..  It would be really nice if both the speed in KM/h and MPH were lit up.  I could totally live with it being smaller than the KM/h but it would be nice to actually be able to see it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:39:37 AM by Travis »
People S200, Modulating Headlights, Brake Flasher, LED Tail Lights,  Click Picture to see additional photos.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: People s200 First Post & Review
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 02:12:07 AM »
Grats on the s200!

Glad we finnaly got a post.  Good one too.  Interesting to hear the comparison to the people 250 about top speed.  Can we get a pic?  Where you from?

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 12:07:01 AM »
Welcome, Travis!  I don't have an s200, but I test-rode one not long ago. I was very impressed with it.

Enjoy it!  And let me know if I can hook you up with a GPS tracking system.  :)

Travis

• View Profile
    • Travis's Blog Site
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 12:37:24 AM »
Here is a picture of the bike.  Sorry for the long delay.

I would like to update my review to nitpick about one thing on the bike.  Granted anyone outside the United States is going to laugh but I find it frustrating that the only speed that is lit up is the speed in KM/h..  It would be really nice if both the speed in KM/h and MPH were lit up.  I could totally live with it being smaller than the KM/h but it would be nice to actually be able to see it.

I am from Saint Petersburg Florida, USA

People S200, Modulating Headlights, Brake Flasher, LED Tail Lights,  Click Picture to see additional photos.

peabody99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »
so hello! Our household is adding a People s 200 to the line up . Things are backed up these days so I am not sure how long it will take.  :(

I have a Buddy125 which is perfect for my needs, the S200 is for the Mr.
who finds his Buddy is not tall enough for him (power is not an issue as we live and work in an urban area)

I plan on riding it from time to time though- and I have in mind that will be when I want to jump on the interstate for a few exits.  This something I do not do on the Buddy-hey back roads are nice too. So I have a couple questions: how long will this bike need to break in before I put it close to full throttle for a distance of say 1-4 miles?  In real speed (not scooter indicated speed) can this bike go 70 mph, or at least 65?  It is not the end of the world if it cannot as we are fine on secondary roads.

Any pointers for us with regard to the swich from little scooter wheels to large?  Gas mileage reports?

Thanks!

Travis

• View Profile
    • Travis's Blog Site
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »
Due to the area which I live in I had no choice but to exceed the manufactures recommended break in period.  I was riding it full throttle 3 days after I recieved it (put about 200 miles on it driving really nicely).  It simply wasn't an option for me to go that slow (safety first).  This bike will do an honest 65 MPH real world speed with a 220 lb 6'3" person on it.  I have found out since I have owned it that it reports the speed 5 MPH over actual.

The fastest speed that it has reported is 75 MPH (70 Actual) and that was going down hill on a rather large bridge.  Going up that bridge I was going approx 60 MPH (Wide Open Throttle).

For me this bike has enough power/speed for its intended purpose currently however my next bike will be something much larger (and more expensive)

walkguru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »
nice looking scooter, thanks for sharing.
hey, hey, hey

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 09:14:02 AM »
I am a proud owner of a 2009 Kymco Peoples S 200. Please see my post of today 4-30-2010 in New Guy Post area.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()