Author Topic: problems with my Kymco 200 People S  (Read 14168 times)

TechGuy

• View Profile
Re: problems with my Kymco 200 People S
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 04:51:33 PM »
I think they may have added a little something to make it easier to flow. Try putting some on the key (lite toothpaste) and then inserting it in to push it all the way into the lock.  See if moving the key in an out a few times doesn't move the stuff around and loosen it all up. Repeat on the bottom side of the lock if the paste sticks well enough.

I am not a locksmith but the mail box the post office provided in our neighborhood was the same way until I did something like this.

Good luck!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 01:00:23 AM »
Mostly the liquids will flow, and carry away the junk (oxidation) from the affected area. I would try wd-40/PB Blaster... first. once the tumbler is cleared of garbage, the graphite will maintain
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 03:46:18 AM »
People S had a bad regulator........replaced,  now we is on the move again!!!!!!Yippee      ;D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 12:13:31 PM »
..WOOO-HOOO!!!!!...

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »
Had the scooter on the highway, loving the bugs hitting the face shield!!!

Walked into the dealership where the scooter was purchased and in the shop numerous times, and the guy's facial expression when he saw me walk in yesterday was priceless!!!

I wonder what exactly he was thinking the minute he saw me?     :o
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 05:24:41 AM »
I bet it was... I HOPE she didn't bring that scooter back!   Glad to hear you are enjoying it. We get what they call Love Bugs here in north fl. They fly about in swarms of mating pairs. They have NO natural enimies in the US, and have taken over. you don,t want to smile on your scoot when they are here.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 09:01:35 PM »

*cuss word* thing is doing it again........I think I am going to just give up on this POS and buy something else!!!!

3 year old scooter that has 700 miles on it ONLY because it won't friggin run......wth!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 02:05:11 AM »
There is another poster here that had a similar issue. The dealer replaced the scoot, as it was in so many times for the same issue. They said it may have been a fault in the harness. Perhaps someone could chime in w/ who, and where this was.

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 05:14:18 AM »
I have had the same issue since buying it new in 2007,  is the dealer responsible to either fix it or replace it seeings it is 3 years old?
Pretty disappointed in the whole situation really.  The dealer I bought it from, doesn't sell Kymco anylonger....... how is that supposed to work?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 05:23:31 AM »
...yeah, i think your warranty has ran out, but it only has 700 miles on it...

..it's worth a try....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 08:30:30 AM »
lets see if anyone can find those other posts to confirm if it was the same scoot. I think 3 years is a bit too long to cry foul, but it may help some to show the records of the repairs vs the service you got from the scoot. Just for the record Why did you wait soooo long to approach fixing it?

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 03:08:34 AM »
Was it New People 150 stalls intermittently, by Lammy1000, in Technical/How to?  Lives in New York.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 03:09:58 AM »
...it was a way older post...lammy has had problems with an upgrade...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 06:19:01 PM »
Yeah that was the post. I was thinking it was a 2oo people

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 03:20:38 AM »
History of this scooter and it's shop visits.
  Purchased 2/08 (in Minn, snow until June)....ran approx 100 miles (back and forth to work)  stranded me at work once, in the shop july-aug 08, dealer replaced the battery and the stater.
 Sept 08 ran for another 250 miles  with repeated failure to start, put in the shop for repair/ diagnose the problem.  Took the dealer so long to get to it, made arrangements to just store the scooter for the winter, Oct thru March of 09.
 April 09 retreived from storage, Battery replaced May 09 after repeated failure to start. Back in the shop in June for failure to start.  Dealer didn't get around to checking it for a few weeks due to alot of other bikes in for either repair or check-ups. I did call frequently to get update on the progress or lack thereof on the scooter. 
 July , August, Sept, drove it a few hundred miles between shop stints.......It has been in the shop so many times, I don't remember each time it has been in there.
  This last visit was May when the dealer replaced the regulator.  It started and ran perfect for a few days, and now we are back to the thing acting like the battery disconnects when I hit the elelctric start.

If this were a car, I would give it back claiming the lemon law!!!!!

Carol

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()