Author Topic: ***SCOOTER CLUB ANN ARBOR MI***  (Read 2994 times)

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
***SCOOTER CLUB ANN ARBOR MI***
« on: March 07, 2010, 05:00:22 AM »
i just need some members lol. Someone respond if your i the area and interested in getting something together for the summer
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: ***SCOOTER CLUB ANN ARBOR MI***
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »
I think I have the Sister club going here in Nw Fl.. I'm the only member, Getting rich off the dues tho
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »
Hi kenho Im in grandrapids scoot clubs are hard to find but im a member of the grscoot club we have fun and its good to know people that have scoots you learn a lot.

codger78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 07:40:17 PM »
I would greatly enjoy seeing a scooter forum with interests in the New England and upstate NY area that want to discus their adventures and trade ideas about everything and anything other than derestricting.  There must be those who are satisfied with a class B scooter JUST AS IT IS legally.

I am well retired, and last summer I traveled 1300 miles over some very pretty back county roads enjoying the scenery.  Bicycling used to be a hobby but I have gotten too old for that now.  Besides which, with the scooter traveling at 30 mph I can now take in a much larger area than I could with the bike.

Those roads that I do travel wanting faster speeds just require a little bit of courtesy and common sense.  I have found that practice to be well reciprocated.
borrowed dust

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
There must be those who are satisfied with a class B scooter JUST AS IT IS legally.   I'm sure there are! They are just not old enough to type yet!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 09:14:05 PM »
Oh, I forgot! If you don't have a local forum, I don't see where it would bee too difficult to open one yourself. Or maybe put out some feelers, Ie local adds, bullitin boards, and find a savvy person to set one up! I have had hours of fun with the folks posting here. Learned tons of usefull info, and dare I say made a few friends along the way. Any effort put towards starting a forum as you described, could only be a positive thing. If you need advice de-restricting... It's not that hard. Hope I got a laugh!!!

codger78

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 11:53:05 PM »
Zombie....Thanks for your thoughts.  UM....I probably should have added that I do enjoy visiting this forum every day and have gotten much wisdom from it.

I do admit that de-restricting has tempted me.  There are times when extra speed would seem more convenient in testier traffic.  Problem is that the 50mph speed limit is more often interpreted as more like 55 or 60 by most motorists and a scooter that cannot be more easily passed at 30 (or less)  will not be viewed with kindness.

This scooter is quieter and lighter than a regular motorcycle and a vehicle that I can handle and easily stored in the shed (at my age [80]).  At 30mph I can see the potholes etc. well enough in advance and at the same time be able to take in the scenery.  All in all damn good bargain for the buck.
borrowed dust

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 01:51:37 AM »
Completely understood codger. It is like playing with a hornets nest, tuning, and riding these little 2t's. I'm turning 51 this year, and it's about the most fun I have. I used to race super moto-x, untill I turned 30. Too much pain! Well my thought is ANY forum with New England in the title should do well. I would be the first one to post. DID YOU SEE THAT? A SCOOTER DOING 60mph JUST PASSED MY LEXUS!

Dark13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 01:48:01 AM »
man I feel really young now I just turned 20
proud owner of a 2009 kymco agility 50

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 01:51:52 AM »
Just sit back , and wait my brother! Just sit back, and wait...

Dark13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 01:57:40 AM »
you know when i first got my scoot i really didn't want one but it was that or not have a way to work and i have to say i really love it and i have been riding full fledged motorcycles for as long as i can remember (just not on public roads)
proud owner of a 2009 kymco agility 50

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 05:10:35 AM »
I felt the same way! A friend gave me a skate board type scoot. (with the 6" wheels) It had a China 25cc. I put a 50cc ebay engine on it, and got hooked. Now I have a friend in Tallahassee w/ a wrecked DINK 200. Thinking about putting the engine in the zx. 100mph or busted or both! It's just kind of a cheap thrill hobby. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()