Author Topic: "Large scooter motorcycle trunk top luggage case",  (Read 2158 times)

codger78

• View Profile
"Large scooter motorcycle trunk top luggage case",
« on: March 06, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »
Heads up on a good luggage item on ebaymotors to fit rather neatly on top of the rear frame of 2009 kymco agility 50.  tmshelmet is at any time auctioning a number of different colored cases starting at about $34.95....(a lot less than the $100 and more for your average motorcycle type).
I'm no expert but the case and mountings seem well worth the price, fit securely, and offer a lockable space for some groceries or extras need on a trip.
The only fault is that the rear passenger seat can not be used, as it rests at about a 45 degree angle down against the trunk....not bad looking though, and there is plenty of room to maneuver around the gas cap.
No instructions came with the item, so I offer the following:
I had to phone tmshelmet at 1-888-716-9526 for installation advice.  The mounting base plate is installed FIRST on the top of the scooter rear rack finished side up and then bolting the two provided metal brackets from front to back beneath the rack, the four longest bolts going down through the plate and bracket holes, and on either side of the two smaller cross braces on the scooter rack.  It just barely fits.  One or more of the long bolts might have to be cut  shorter to avoid damaging the scooter body.  After centering and clamping it down, the trunk is THEN bolted to the mounting base.
For me it was something of a gamble that paid off rather well.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:31:45 AM by codger78 »
borrowed dust

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()