Author Topic: Vibrations/harsh take-off  (Read 6598 times)

abobotek

• View Profile
Re: Vibrations/harsh take-off
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 12:12:38 AM »
I have a similar problem with my People S200.   I took off the clutch bell and also found grease inside it.  Not sure where this came from.  I cleaned up the grease in the clutch bell, and cleaned both the bell and shoes with solvent.  After a light sanding of the pads, I put it back together.

The rough grabbing is still there.  

One thing I noticed when I had the bell off is that the shoes didn't move very freely - their motion was damped.  The springs pulled the shoes in _slowly_.  I believe that the problem is that the lubricant on the clutch shoe pivots has dried and turned gummy.  Next time I'll take the clutch apart fully, and clean and lube the shoe pivots.

Cortez has posted that holding the brakes and giving some gas helps.  In mine it does, but only temporarily.  I believe that the brakes+gas heats up the clutch, which makes softens the lubricant.  I notice the problem more on cold days.

Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, what was the fix?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:18:11 AM by abobotek »
Red 2007 People S 200
Black 2008 Yamaha Majesty

Portland Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 05:54:50 PM »
It seems like these clutches need cleaning fairly often.
I am guessing that the clutch pads like to glaze over, causing the CVT to shudder.  I do a lot of stop and go on my daily commute, which may have something to do with it.
The brake, gas and release method of burning in the clutch seems to help on my Super 8 150.
The grease in the assembly may be coming from an over-greased axle that the clutch fits over.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 06:34:36 PM »
It seems like these clutches need cleaning fairly often.
I am guessing that the clutch pads like to glaze over, causing the CVT to shudder.  I do a lot of stop and go on my daily commute, which may have something to do with it.
The brake, gas and release method of burning in the clutch seems to help on my Super 8 150.
The grease in the assembly may be coming from an over-greased axle that the clutch fits over.

After the 3500km shudder, I've had mine return (but not nearly as bad) at almost 20.000km
next time, and I don't think stop and go has anything to do with it since I've been delivering
mail with mine, and that's A LOT of stop and goes.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()