Author Topic: can u put a k&n air filter on a quannon  (Read 3438 times)

damon

• View Profile
can u put a k&n air filter on a quannon
« on: February 24, 2010, 01:44:25 AM »
can this b dun and were wud  it go thanks

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: can u put a k&n air filter on a quannon
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 02:14:53 AM »
You can put a K&N filter on about any engine.  It may take some modifications though.  I'm not familiar with the Quannon.  Are you trying to just put a K&N in the stock air box, or run an open cone type K&N directly on the carb?  The cone might be easiest.  Just measure your carb inlet diameter and match up to one of their universal filters.  http://www.knfilters.com  I'm not sure if they make a direct "drop in" filter for the stock air box.  Just keep in mind you will have to rejet your carb after installation!

damon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 02:39:04 AM »
ok thanks alot im thinking of putting a cone on just havent got a clue were it goes as ive not had the bike long

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 03:14:13 AM »
No worries!  You just have to locate the stock air box, pull it off, and measure how much clearance you have from surrounding components.  While you have it off measure the diameter of the carb, or the stock box mouth.  Then hop on K&N's website and see what they have that will fit.  If you click on universal filters, they have hundreds of different sizes and shapes!  I ordered mine directly from them.  They had the best price I could find.

damon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 11:35:51 AM »
ok thanks ive found it now its under the gas tank

yellasei

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 07:37:11 AM »
tbh, i would'nt bother! either modify the standard air filter ( ie, use free flow foam in the airbox) or modify the airbox. normally removing a rubber intake snorkel or  something like that will help.
remember though!! do a plug chop and if too lean richen up with a jet up in carburation.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 04:02:14 AM »
Right on the money Yellasei. A new breathing filter will require a new flowing jet. No big deal once you see what it is. Maybe that is where the NEW features can come in... Links to basic tutorials. They all seem to get lost in the threads. Notice I used a computer word? MMMMmmmm      threads
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()