Author Topic: wheel valve stems what size?  (Read 718 times)

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
wheel valve stems what size?
« on: January 31, 2016, 06:48:28 PM »
I am putting on new tires and want to replace the 90 degree angled one on the front wheel.  I like the straight better, easier to check the air pressure.  Anyway, I know the wheels are made in Italy and the valve stems look smaller OD than what I am used to.

I did a little research and found there are generally 2 sizes 8.3mm and 11.3mm, I am thinking I need 8.3mm.  Just checking to see if anyone knows.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: wheel valve stems what size?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 07:17:46 PM »
I am sure takes 8.3mm or .357", but not easy to find.  Anyone know where to get some?  Everything I see is too fancy for me, just want straight short rubber pull through, should be approx $1 each.

I guess will install new tires and worry about replacing valve stems later.  I guess will check with Kymco next.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 08:12:58 PM »
Did I just read a full conversation with yourself?  :o

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 09:03:27 PM »
lol, yes you did, this forum is therapy for me...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()