Author Topic: Kymco gears  (Read 1510 times)

berna98

• View Profile
Kymco gears
« on: January 16, 2016, 02:01:10 PM »
Hello, i'm italian and i have a kymco zx tuned, with polini 70cc, stage 6 pro replica, stage 6 intake, dell'orto 21, malsosi variator. Now i have stock gears and i want to change them. Which gears can i put on my zx ? The dio's ones will fit perfectly? Help me please

berna98

• View Profile
Re: Kymco gears
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 08:32:33 PM »
Nobody?  :-\

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 06:26:30 PM »
Welcome to a great forum! Only one guy on here has said he has changed the gearing on his scoot and that is Yager200i (that's his user name). I think he had them made and at great expense. You might have better luck with changing the belt to affect different ratios. It certainly would be cheaper. I think a longer belt makes the engine wind higher all other things remaining the same. I would think a longer belt would also limit the range of ratios.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

phaedrus62003

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 09:26:04 PM »
I found a Malossi set 16/32 primary on this site including installation pictures. I did the swap myself with a homemade bottle jack press. The Malossi set is available from Racing Planet and probably many others in Europe. The gears are supposed to be 15% taller than stock. I am looking for dyno results from the Fabrizi 80cc cylinder; your horsepower figures for Polini and Malossi are informative.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()