Author Topic: Malossi final drive  (Read 2060 times)

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Malossi final drive
« on: November 28, 2015, 03:45:46 PM »
Anybody install Malossi final drive 6711802 kit?  I saw one comment where it hurt acceleration, wasn't really happy with it.  I know probably shouldn't do it without BBK.  Just wondering if anyone installed it and is happy with it?  How much trouble to install?  Any comments welcomed.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Malossi final drive
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 09:07:54 PM »
I've considered it, but never took the plunge.  There's also this one
http://www.scoot-tuning.com/Primary-gear-kit-Stage6-Kymco-Super9-17-51-3-00-p/s6-2014901p.htm

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 11:14:15 PM »
If your scoot is an air cooled S9, swap your gear out for OEM liquid cooled gears for improved top speed.

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 11:45:41 PM »
There is one for People 50 2T that description says fits Super 9 AC, so makes me think one for Super 9 LC is different, would not fit Super 9 AC?  Malossi pn 6711055 for People 50 2T and 6711802 for Super 9 LC.  From my experience with Malossi, sometimes description is not accurate, I bet final drive for Super 9 LC fits AC too, but don't know?  Plus, if you get the wrong part, good luck trying to return it, most Malossi stuff is not returnable, my experience.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 05:00:39 AM »
I don't know, but suspect the rear wheel gets bolted to the final drive.  If that's the case, then I can see why the LC final drive would not work on the AC, because the LC has an outside bearing to support the rear axle and AC, like the People 50 doesn't.

However, I watched some vids and looks like the final drive is the shaft the clutch fits to.  If that's the case, I don't know why the Malossi final drive wouldn't fit the Super 9 LC and AC?  The People 50 has 16" wheels and would need different gears compared to the 12" wheels on the Super 9, so I can see why the People and Super 9 final drive would be different.

To make matters more confusing, the maintenance manual calls the axle the final shaft and the clutch shaft the drive shaft.  However, I am almost sure the drive shaft is what gets replaced and is this shaft, the one the clutch is attached to.

Raindrop586

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 03:23:07 PM »
Stage 6 gears dont fit Lc model only ac .. I got some and failed lol but at least maxiscoot sent money back .

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 02:09:34 AM »
Stage 6 gears dont fit Lc model only ac .. I got some and failed lol but at least maxiscoot sent money back .
Wow!  Not many people return money on performance stuff.  There's someone selling some malossi on 49cc that the seller refuse to return money and claimed that the scooter owner didn't know how to install them.  They were labeled for super 9 but she had a super 8.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()