Author Topic: Performance Upgrade Part 2.  (Read 2161 times)

da808nanospeed

• View Profile
Performance Upgrade Part 2.
« on: September 19, 2015, 07:15:42 AM »
After I installed my Variator, Clutch, front caliper, and quick throttle, My next upgrade are the rear suspensions.

There are many brands to choose from: RPM, NCY, RRGS, Stage 6 etc. I chose GEARS RACING model HILL-2 rear shocks for my Scooter. The shocks come with a REAL reservoir and are fully adjustable from spring preload, compression, height, and rebound.

This particular model is made for Street and Track, therefore is not super stiff on road and perform outstanding on turns. Riding my Scooter with the GEARS RACING shocks gives me more confidence on the road especially when i hang a sweeper turn.

I also ordered some Dunlop TT93 street/track tires. Once i get those tires installed, I will goto the local mini bike track and test it out.

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
Re: Performance Upgrade Part 2.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 10:13:49 AM »
I bet those shocks provide a huge difference over the bad roads or riding two up... For me no upgrades. I only ride on paved decent roads. Rarely ride two up. The stock suspension is fine. :)

Driller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 11:22:04 PM »
I agree. The shocks on the Movie are much better than other scoots I have had (Fly 150, Buddy 125, even PCX 125) so I will concentrate on sliders and tranny tuning.
 Regardless, keep us posted on your project and progress. We are all ears.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:23:59 PM by Driller »

da808nanospeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 07:24:42 AM »
My Dunlop TT93 Tires came in and I got it install. The size are different than the stock tires, they are FRONT 100/90/12 and REAR 120/80/12, the tires are Narrower and Taller than stock setup, but it does provide superior traction, great handling and more lean angle on corners. The Cons are the scooter now seats higher and speedometer is off 2 or 3 mph due to larger circumference of the Front tire.

Last Sunday, I went to the track and test out the handling of the scooter, it ride like a sports bike, but of course the lean angle and speed will not be like a sports bike.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()