Author Topic: New Xciting 250  (Read 1027 times)

Foxtrot

• View Profile
New Xciting 250
« on: August 22, 2015, 02:10:56 AM »
Deja Vu all over again!
in Sept of 2012 I was riding my Xciting 500 after dark when a deer ran in front causing a panicked stop resulting in broken ribs and broken foot. insurance totaled my Xciting so I used the settlement to purchase a 2009 Can Am Spyder RS which is a wonderful bike. But 2 wheels are like horses and they get in your blood and never leave. I really missed my scooter over these past years and I found a new 2009 Xciting 250 at my dealer. Like an idiot I bought this scoot at what I was told was the dealer's cost. I have had to adjust to the smaller displacement but on acceleration is the only area that I have found lacking. It will get on up to 65-70 mph on the interstate and seems to want to roll on!

gwdoiron

• View Profile
Re: New Xciting 250
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 03:11:06 AM »
Congratulations on the new bike.  The Xciting 250 is a really nice bike for people that want to do only occasional highway travel.  If you keep it at or below 65mph, you will be able to get 65mpg.  I weigh 260 lbs and there's still enough oomph to bring the bike all the way up to 80mph (possibly higher, but at that point its well past redline), which means that most hills won't slow me down.  The bike is also quite heavy, which helps tremendously with highway stability.  My previous bike was a Chinese Honda Reflex (244cc) knockoff, and it was very easily blown around, being 100 lbs lighter.  The Xciting 250 was an upgrade in every possible way.

Of course the downside is, the bike is heavy.  Your acceleration isn't a good as it would be with a lighter chassis.  And its more difficult to push around.  And the bike was designed for people with long, long arms.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
Re: New Xciting 250
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 10:51:42 AM »
I just purchased a 2009 Xciting 250 as well. It's my first venture into any motorized cycle of any type other than a mini bike as a pre teen. So I'll probably be bothering you all for advice and tips.
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()