Author Topic: FA.CO Windshield  (Read 3105 times)

agilebda

• View Profile
FA.CO Windshield
« on: August 09, 2015, 12:10:18 AM »
Hello guys.

Just want to share with you my new FACO windshield. Looks cool and easy to install.

agilebda

• View Profile
Re: FA.CO Windshield
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 12:17:08 AM »

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 09:05:34 PM »
Where did you buy it and what was the price? Also, if you could post a couple more pics farther away from the bike that would be great. Kinda hard to tell just what it looks like in the pics. I'm looking for a windshield myself right now.

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 09:50:30 PM »

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 09:58:03 PM »
Another pic.

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 10:11:41 AM »
How well does it cut the air? I like the black color and the size. I had a huge windshield on my old GT and it was a bit to big for my liking. This looks like a nice size but I'm wondering if it cuts the air enough.

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 12:05:52 PM »
It's actually not too bad. I rode it today for the first time with the windshield. The wind seems to deflect on my chest area. I'm a little suprised that it does not go over my head. Maybe if it were 12 inches higher it would be cool. But I'm happy thus far.

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 02:23:55 PM »
Nice looking! I consider myself lucky to have gotten a Biondi windshield when I did. I'm very pleased with it. I'm 5' 10" and the wind is deflected to just above my forehead. It's perfect for me.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 01:22:28 AM »
Your chest?! So it ruined the air flow?  When I ride highway i get a vortex in front of my chest. It was funny when I first found it. The wind hits me mid helmet. Btw I'm 5'11" and have a stock GTI.

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 10:56:51 AM »
Just trying to confirm the People's mounting hardware compatibility.
Did the mounting hardware indicate 10mm for the parts that went directly to the mirror mounts?
I ask because to buy this shield it looks like I have to call Italy and see what the shipping overseas will be. Slipstreamed has a couple of scooter screens but they sell them with 8mm mounting hardware. I believe I read somewhere on this site that Kymco's People GT 300i has 10mm mirror mounts...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 12:32:07 AM »
Just trying to confirm the People's mounting hardware compatibility.
Did the mounting hardware indicate 10mm for the parts that went directly to the mirror mounts?
I ask because to buy this shield it looks like I have to call Italy and see what the shipping overseas will be. Slipstreamed has a couple of scooter screens but they sell them with 8mm mounting hardware. I believe I read somewhere on this site that Kymco's People GT 300i has 10mm mirror mounts...
I get easily confused by these 10 & 8mm mirror mounts...but I know they make conversion pieces to go from one to the other size. I've used them on my LIKE to fit Italian mirrors. They also make them with reversed threads...which gets really confusing....but it works (if you don't drop the mirror spinning it on the wrong way)
I was lucky, the Italian who sold me his mirrors told me what adapter pieces to buy.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

bucray

• forever young
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 04:30:17 PM »
I put a slipstreamer on my GTI, and got the adapters on Amazon.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()