Author Topic: starter sounds different?  (Read 2772 times)

patrick112390

• View Profile
starter sounds different?
« on: December 07, 2009, 12:17:34 AM »
hey guys, i may be the first to ask a question about my new quannon but i think this may apply to alot of bikes..
i was changing the oil for the fist time today and accidentally took the starter cover/gears off. its all one assembly and didnt have aligning marks so i just put it back on. whe i start it now it has a different tone. is that normal? it starts just fine

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: starter sounds different?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 02:34:20 AM »
What has a diff. tone? The engine or the starter motor. Could be a shim type washer in the wrong position. Perhaps just remove it all again, inspect, and carefully re-install making sure nothing is binding.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

patrick112390

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 02:46:37 AM »
well i got it all sorted out, after i re-installed it, i placed my ear close to the starter motor listening for previously unheard sounds, and i heard some! but when sitting on the bike upright like i normal am positioned, it sounds normal because you cant hear quite the amount of noise higher up. lol no problem found  ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 03:49:12 AM »
SOOOOooooo, You invented an imaginary "friend". VERYYYyyy INTERESTINGGGGggg...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()