Author Topic: seat cushions  (Read 1632 times)

glaswurks

• View Profile
seat cushions
« on: May 31, 2015, 08:26:38 PM »
Hi all,

As I was correctly advised when I posted, my Downtown 300 performed beautifully during Saturdays 350 mile ride, but my 73 year old fanny didn't quite fare so well.

Has anyone had any luck with a cushion or some type of pad for a long ride.?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

2wheelfun

• View Profile

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Re: seat cushions
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 09:37:49 PM »
If you have the 2 step seat the cover won't work very well. It fits long scooter seats with the dreaded bump separating the rider from passenger position. I think you have the seat where there's a 3 inch step between the 2. The gel pad would be perfect though.

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 09:44:03 PM »
Do you take off the seat cover and re-staple it to us the gel pad?

One girl suggest I go to the consignment shop and buy an old soft leather jacket and use that to replace the cheap plastic/vinyl seat cover.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 09:52:01 PM »
Nah I just have the gel pad laying on the seat, then the seat cover covering that. The cover has 3 nylon straps that straddle under the seat from side to side to hold it in place. Every 4 rides or so you need to reposition everything from it sliding around a bit due to your body movement.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 10:12:28 PM »
2011 300i downtown  longest ride so far 550 miles ,  I went through the cushions and pads, did not like them ,  I had a cover made by a Pro.  and I did the foam using rebond foam, I am long legged, so I put 4 inch. foam on, and cut the round hump flat off, left the edges Square and pulled down on the cover to give it shape,  that will give more seat side to side,  and I put a 1 inch slope in the foam so I dont slide forward when braking, 

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 07:45:18 PM »
I've got an Xciting 500 and have tried the gel cushions and a beadrider seat.  Both of those just didn't cut it on THIS particular scoot.   

A friend sold me an airhawk cushion.  They are a little pricey but for the long rides I wouldn't consider anything else.

Don in KC.  We got 3 inches of 20% possible today :-(

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 11:45:26 AM »
Takes a bit of work, like de dee says....but once you get the seat to your liking, makes a world of difference to your scootering!! :-)
I added up and sideways on my LIKE200i seat.....built high enough that the LIKE's dreaded hump disappeared....I actually sit on or near it now...with full enjoyment. Recommended covering is SailRites 4 way stretch vinyl. Tough and made for this.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 10:24:23 PM »
Hi all,

As I was correctly advised when I posted, my Downtown 300 performed beautifully during Saturdays 350 mile ride, but my 73 year old fanny didn't quite fare so well.

Has anyone had any luck with a cushion or some type of pad for a long ride.?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.
For that distant I would be sore all over  ;D
ALL STOCK

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()