Author Topic: HID Kit  (Read 842 times)

ddarkone7

• View Profile
HID Kit
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:23:08 PM »
I was quoted $250 for hid kit and install, is this a good price, and what did you guys and gals do to upgrade the lights for safety measures. I'm not sure if hid or led is best, or just a brighter bulb. I'm not a night rider, but wanted to add brighter lights just in case, and wanted something for the day time.
Big Texas

TLRam1

• View Profile
Re: HID Kit
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 07:36:11 AM »
I don't know the answer but if you do not have the correct reflector shell most aftermarket HIDs just don't work well, misaligned in the eyes of on-coming traffic, etc. 
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 07:44:22 AM »
The kit i use its about $60. Takes about an hour, maybe an hour and a half max so $250 is on the high side. It's a fairly straight install. I would agree with Ram though, they do tend to shine light in a wide beam, but I have NEVER had anyone pull out in front of me with it on. If your interested i get my kit from ddmtuning.com it's the single motorcycle h4 55w with high low. I've had the same one for years. On high beam it shines 10x further than halogen.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

ddarkone7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 02:19:35 PM »
thanks, I thought $250 was a bit high, and not really for sure if I need brighter lights, but will check out the kit
Big Texas

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()