Author Topic: Custom Seat  (Read 1189 times)

rybob1

• View Profile
Custom Seat
« on: April 28, 2015, 06:26:51 PM »
I like some other people on the forum, really like the Downtown, except for that seat!  Oh its terrible, and it is almost enough for me to want to sell the scoot and get something else.  Recently, I started looking more on the internet at the idea of getting an aftermarket or custom seat.  Living in Seattle, I found this guy (link below), which seems to be a good option for getting a custom seat, and at $500, it doesn't seem that bad of an option.  I'm curious, has anyone done anything like this, or even with this guy (long shot, I know)?

http://www.richscustomseats.com/

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Seat
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 12:59:14 AM »
2011 downtown 300i,  same problem, at first I thought it was old age , but what the hell Im only 79 at that time, cant be me,  so I brought it in to a moter cycle upholsterer,  and he did a nice job on the cover but he put in regular foam,  better but not good,  so I took it appart, and installed rebond foam, 4 inches thick,  sliced a slant in it so I did not slide forward any more,  tact it together again and been happy ever since,  longest day so far is 550 miles, and was good for more,

rybob1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:17:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  The more I read about this custom seat place, the more intrigued I am.  I'm about an hour away from them, and I'm tempted to spend the money.  Based on your feedback, I've requested more information on their seat foam, and hopefully I can learn more.  I have the airhawk pad on right now, and I put it on because I slide forward so much and shift back that I've started to push the foam around enough to where I can feel the springs in the seat.

As a side note, should the durability of the seat be covered under Manufacturers warranty?  I can't find anything to make me believe it isn't.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 04:40:10 PM »
 if you are over 5 foot 5 and 95 LB. I dont think it applys you ate to much and grew some, I was 6 foot 2   and 220 Lb.  when I was young, now I am 82 and only 6 foot, still 220 Lb.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()