Author Topic: How fast & how hard do you ride your GT300i?  (Read 6183 times)

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
Re: How fast & how hard do you ride your GT300i?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 10:18:56 AM »
OEM tires on my GTi300 are P rated, meaning up to 93 MPH. Do you really think Kymco would risk the lawsuits that would result from tire failure if these machines could exceed that speed?   Using GPS on level road and no wind I had mine up to 84 MPH. 
I love to read posts that make sense and can trusted... Had there been honest reviews (on Youtube) I wouldn't have bought the scooter i did a month ago (the Like 200i) I need at least 62 or 63 for top end to ride the roads in my area. The Like was touted as doing that with no problem. 900 miles into ownership and the scooter has yet to see over 57 mph (and that is on it's generous speedometer)... If it doesn't climb up a few (after breaking in period) I'll have to sell/trade...

Budz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 02:03:52 PM »
I love to read posts that make sense and can trusted... Had there been honest reviews (on Youtube) I wouldn't have bought the scooter i did a month ago (the Like 200i) I need at least 62 or 63 for top end to ride the roads in my area. The Like was touted as doing that with no problem. 900 miles into ownership and the scooter has yet to see over 57 mph (and that is on it's generous speedometer)... If it doesn't climb up a few (after breaking in period) I'll have to sell/trade...
Sorry to hear that, I am selling my GT300i if you want it...

Yellow Jacket

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »
Papa, sorry to hear of your disappointment with the Like. I like the Like but after doing some research decided I didn't want to own one. It's an air cooled motor closer to a 150 than a 200, 163cc's. I also like the People 200s but it uses the same motor so just not enough get up for me. 60 MPH for an air cooled 150-165 cc motor just doesn't happen or if it does, just barely on a good day. Now I'm going to set here and wait to read about all the 150's that will go 75 MPH.   
Scooter owned in the past, Honda Aero 125, '87 Elite 150 (2), '87 & '90 250 Elite, Yamaha 200, (2), 400 Majesty, Aprilia  Atlantic 500, Piaggio BV250,SYM HD200,  Kymco Yager GT200
Current ride, Kymco GTi 300

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 07:06:08 PM »
Papa, sorry to hear of your disappointment with the Like. I like the Like but after doing some research decided I didn't want to own one. It's an air cooled motor closer to a 150 than a 200, 163cc's. I also like the People 200s but it uses the same motor so just not enough get up for me. 60 MPH for an air cooled 150-165 cc motor just doesn't happen or if it does, just barely on a good day. Now I'm going to set here and wait to read about all the 150's that will go 75 MPH.   
But....because the LIKE200i IS aircooled -  I never have to worry about coolant leaks, boiling over, etc., etc......I just keep a good healthy, over-sized, battery in it and hit the start button at 3° F, or 95° F.....let her warm up while I finish my coffee and away we go with fewer things to worry about.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Mike Haynes

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 03:37:44 AM »
I have had my People 300GTi for about three months.  I have been somewhat cautious.  I have rode about 800 miles.  Most of my riding is in town, 30 to 50 mph.  But, on a long county rode with no traffic, I got the scoot up to 85 mph.  It still had something left.  So, I have no trouble believing this machine will do around 93 mph with no trouble.  I took one 26 mile trip (52 round trip) on I-85.  I drove between 62 and 75 for most of the ride.  I haven't got out of the city very often, but my plan for driving county roads is to drive around 62 mph.  If there is no traffic, I would drive a little slower and look for deer.  Most of the time I wear full protection gear.  I always wear a full helmet, gloves and motorcycle boots.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()