Author Topic: Complete oil pump removal, Oil leaking!  (Read 3665 times)

Shaka

• View Profile
Complete oil pump removal, Oil leaking!
« on: November 01, 2009, 07:04:19 PM »
I pulled all of the plastics off to get a good look at everything to begin some troubleshooting of my top speed issues.  I previously plugged the oil pump inlet & outlet lines because I switched premix when I did the upgrades.  I believe that the oil pump o-ring is part of the seal of the entire crankcase, is this correct?  It was leaking like this before I did my upgrades.  I tried replacing the 0-ring and it seemed to be better, but I just disconnected to be safe.  There is no mounting screws that attach it directly to the crankcase, just a bracket that keeps it from popping out.  How can I seal the hole if I completely remove it?  I think that it may be leaking, thus causing some of my performance loss!  The other apparent leak is where the throttle cable enters the top of the carb.  I'm not sure if this particular point is cause for concern, because there is no apparent seal around this area.  Could this be causing some of my troubles also?  I am going to try and attach some pics.  Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 10:29:46 PM by Shaka »

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Complete oil pump removal, Oil leaking!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 07:10:31 PM »
Here's one of the carb. cap.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 05:13:08 AM »
I may have found a solution to plugging the hole where the oil pump goes.  I'm going to try and get one of these plugs tomorrow.  Hopefully, I can find one locally!  I know my local auto parts store carries them, just don't know about that size. 

Here's the plug: 
https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-bin/vm91corp30r/item-dtl.w?sid=UfhjATodZkdkajke012176177073320835&item=02609&icrid=&clt=hwrap1&vsrch_str=02609&vsrch_brand=ALL&vsrch_cat=ALL&st_amount=&end_amount=&start=&vfrom=&prev=&vnext=&category_list=:0

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 05:07:23 PM »
I never thought of that . They are sold to replace freeze-out plugs in water cooled engines. BRAVO!!!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 08:44:11 PM »
I did manage to acquire one of those plugs locally, and it seemed to work perfect! ;D  I ended up using one size smaller than the one I was looking at, it is a 19mm-22mm.  It only cost about $2.50, not bad as far as mods go!

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 02:05:03 AM »
Yesterday my oil pump plug popped out and left me stranded!  Apparently it is not "fuel safe"!  The rubber had softened up on the inside enough to allow it to come loose.  For the time being I reinstalled it, but I put the original bracket back in place to hold it in.  I had to flatten out the tab that covers the top of it and it seems to be doing the trick.  I found a nice CNC plug specifically designed for this purpose through Dio Burnout over on the Scooterinvasion forum.  The problem is the company's website is in Japanese!  Google translator is awesome, but I still couldn't figure out how to order it.  I sent the company an email, but DB assured me they won't respond as nobody there speaks English.  If need be he offered to order it for me and ship it my way!  What a great guy!  I figure I'll give the company till the end of the week to respond otherwise I'll take alternated measures.  Here's the link to the website:  http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.kn926.com/ss132.html

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 04:04:55 AM »
I like those wheels at the bottom of the page! I found an english company that distributes kn kikaku parts. it may help...http://www.bowlsla.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=42&idproduct=3007
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 04:55:09 AM »
Thanks for the link I'll keep that in mind. ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()