Author Topic: New Like 200i owner in So. Calif.  (Read 14449 times)

HelloPitty

• View Profile
Re: New Like 200i owner in So. Calif.
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 02:21:13 AM »
I've owned the Like 200i for one week today.
One feature I appreciate is the 12V adapter in the glovebox.
I also love the kickstand.
Those are two features I wish my other scooter had.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 03:13:03 AM »
The 12v is an easy/cheap add on, and the kick stand... Just throw the bike over. (notice a pattern here?)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 05:00:08 AM »
Isn't your other bike an lx vespa?? Or et4, same thing... We have side stands for sale that bolt right on to the et/lx!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 07:02:27 AM »
 Just throw the bike over.!!!!!!!!! >:(
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

HelloPitty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 12:31:10 PM »
Isn't your other bike an lx vespa?? Or et4, same thing... We have side stands for sale that bolt right on to the et/lx!
Yes, LX150, and it's not getting any ride time right now.  I'm breaking in dad's scoot for him. :)  Once I get back on the LX, I might be inquiring about one, thank you.

Just throw the bike over.!!!!!!!!! >:(
Don't make me turn this bike around!  :P

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2015, 03:26:05 AM »
Well that didn't take long at all!

I want Ice Cream, and I want it NOW!!!  I'm going #2...

HelloPitty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »
Brought home a scooter friend for the Like; a gently used Symba:

ScootCoot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2015, 04:39:29 PM »
Pretty nifty the way you have it secured with the seat belts.  At least it keeps your baby safe!

CrzRani

• Rani
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2015, 08:07:57 PM »
HelloPitty.  Nice to see another person from So. Cal.  I'm in the South OC area.  I just got my 2013 LIke in November and have enjoyed it thus far; 333 miles on it and counting.  I'm learning lots from your questions, cause I've had a lot of the same.  There is really only 3 things I wish I could change about the Like.

Of course, the seat.  Ouch!  Secondly the helmet space under the seat.  I can say my little Honda Met 50 had more space than this bike when it came to helmet storage; full face fit under the seat and in the trunk.  And a push button opening lock on the glove box.  Otherwise, 2 thumbs up!

Why lose weight, buy more horsepower......

HelloPitty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2015, 09:12:28 PM »
Pretty nifty the way you have it secured with the seat belts.  At least it keeps your baby safe!

Good catch! :D
HelloPitty.  Nice to see another person from So. Cal.  I'm in the South OC area.  I just got my 2013 LIke in November and have enjoyed it thus far; 333 miles on it and counting. 

I'm up to 401 now :D

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2015, 10:41:31 PM »
Brought home a scooter friend for the Like; a gently used Symba:
That is one cool little scoot!
Be sure to check out the info on these at the SYM forum....I linked there to some folks taking their Symbas around the world, or some darn thing! Crazy but wonderful.
(the old LIKE fired right up this morning for my 8 degree F commute to work. In daylight, I took the long way home for the afternoon commute - this thing is so much fun and so well behaved in city traffic.)
Re. the seat - I worked on my seat so that I could move back a little and not ride with my knees splayed out like a bear on a tricycle. My seat height is now 33" and the painful ridge is nowhere to be found under my added foam - no matter where I sit I can no longer feel it. (The top of my helmet comes in at 71" from the road.) This seat is very comfy now - I can ride for a long time - and the stock seat is unmolested, in the closet - to be reinstalled for its next owner. (I found a perfectly good 50cc LIKE seat on ebay to do my conversion on - they are the same seat, though the under-seat buckets are different.)
After rebuilding my seat - I quit shopping for better rear shocks. Amazing how much better the shocks feel with a nice thick and comfy seat!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

HelloPitty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2015, 11:14:46 PM »
That is one cool little scoot!
Be sure to check out the info on these at the SYM forum....I linked there to some folks taking their Symbas around the world, or some darn thing! Crazy but wonderful.

Thank you.  I did sign up for SYM forum at around 4 a.m. this morning.  Too excited to sleep after a scooter purchase.  I'm using my same username.
I read the around the world adventure of Colin and his wife Re.  I believe that is what enticed me to buy a Symba.  I think they put 22,000 miles on them or some such number.
As for the Like, I still Like.  My dad was on it today so that made my day.

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2015, 05:09:43 PM »
 Welcome to the group. There is a lot of scooter activity in So Cal. I ride with the Long Beach group when my schedule permits. There are a lot from here on the SYM forum as well. I bought my LIKE 11 months ago. No problems yet, other than a fouled plug. I have almost 5000 miles of recreational riding in that time.

P.S. The seat is alive and it is angry!
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2015, 01:05:00 AM »
Welcome to the group. There is a lot of scooter activity in So Cal. I ride with the Long Beach group when my schedule permits. There are a lot from here on the SYM forum as well. I bought my LIKE 11 months ago. No problems yet, other than a fouled plug. I have almost 5000 miles of recreational riding in that time.

P.S. The seat is alive and it is angry!
Got milk?
Or....got Iridium ?
One of 'em will cure that fouled plug issue!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

lunagatto

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »
Bought the same model used last summer to get my husband  a starter bike.
He's already advanced to a 350 cc model and I'm going to place this one up for sale.
I've been riding a 2010 kymco yager for 4+ years and love that thing.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()