Author Topic: Year in review?  (Read 4820 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Year in review?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 09:44:40 PM »
I had health issues, lost old job, finally found a new one with inferior conditions.
So despite having the time, I rode less than usual.
But I bought my first motorcycle (always had scooters before) and had a nice 4 day trip through the Western Alps. At least I sold my Xciting (and still having a Yager GT 125).
Picture from the Galibier pass with my new toy:

ts1, what  bike is that in the picture ?.....my PC won't show it to me.
Might be looking at a 300-350 bike for my son in the spring. He buys the bike & ins., I'll buy the ABS.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 10:00:03 PM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 06:59:22 PM »
ts1, what  bike is that in the picture ?
Husqvarna TR 650 Strada.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 11:27:53 PM »
The PhotoShop mystery bike! That's one hell of a Pict there. Are the mountains real?  LOL!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 09:52:27 AM »
Grand Pic de la Meije, 3982m.
Europe is small, but multifaceted. Take your boat and come over the pond!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 02:34:46 PM »
Soon enough Ts! Soon enough...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 02:32:22 PM »
My first year in owning a scooter (Super8 150) and I love it. I had some trials. Dropped it day 6 of ownership just making a U turn in a parking lot practicing. Just a couple scratches on the scoot that I, now, about 10 months later am just about emotionally over. Muffler pipe cracked in two the first day I took it to work to show it off (replaced under Warranty). Passed the motorcycle license test the first time and am now ready for any size scooter I may want to buy. Then it was several months of joyous riding. Mostly 28 mile round trips back and forth to work but I did get some weekend rides in and even rode once with a scooter club that is about 50 miles from me. The ride season went from March 7 (the day I bought) to November 1. 3700 miles.

In 2015 I am looking forward to trying out scooter camping. Combining two activities I like sounds very interesting to me. I've been doing a lot of research on youtube educating myself on how to pack and what to take with me. Happy New Year everyone.
Wayne

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()