Author Topic: Brake Caliper Bling  (Read 1962 times)

agilebda

• View Profile
Brake Caliper Bling
« on: November 25, 2014, 06:38:28 PM »

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
nice nt
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 11:10:24 PM »
Those look good. Wonder if the performance is a true upgrade, or just for looks?.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Brake Caliper Bling
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:34 PM »
They are just for looks UNLESS the piston diameter is larger. The best upgrade is look for a caliper with twin pistons. They spread the load, and create more surface pressure due to more area.

I found the Agility has a twin piston caliper, and my ZX had a single piston. I swapped them out, and have much better response.
You might find another scooter that has twins, and you can strip that one down to send it for anodizing. The process is generally under fifty bucks for a part that size.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 12:21:36 AM »
The DT and GTI has twin piston calipers.

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 12:42:56 AM »
And sadly I have to announce that the DT and the GTI calipers are different according to the OEM part list :-[

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 04:43:45 AM »
They are different parts (twin disk/single disk) but I will bet 5 bucks the mounting bosses have the same dimensions.

The Agility/ZX part numbers differ... They mount the same.  If you are handy w/ tools or have a friend/shop that is, you can easily make an adapter that will fit any caliper you like. Flat stock, and a couple holes.

If you drill too many holes, loads of people will be asking my favorite question..."What's this hole for?"
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 07:47:18 PM »
Pretty sure the people has three pistons up front and two in back

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 11:29:40 PM »
Pretty sure the people has three pistons up front and two in back

Just looked on the showroom floor, 3 piston front and 2 rear.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 01:15:13 AM »
There's your Huckleberry...

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 08:16:42 PM »
Wow. I am just suprised by Zombie.... You knew the GTI had a flat piston making it a semi-hemi, something that isnt common knowledge and I had to search my repair manual to verify what you said. But you didn't know off hand that the GTI had three brake pistons up front?  Like a child realizing his dad isnt perfect i am crushed.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 09:43:28 PM »
Daddy had a bad night w/ mommy son. When you get older you will know exactly what I mean... For now just get your bike built so I can go for a ride.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()