Author Topic: Scooter Nerds  (Read 1823 times)

Shaka

• View Profile
Scooter Nerds
« on: October 20, 2009, 01:24:07 AM »
I received a personal email from Scooter Nerds of Wilmington yesterday in response to a couple threads under the Agility 50 section.  The title of the thread is ..carburetor 101..school is in.. , check it out if you'd like.

Here is a copy of my response:

- ScooterNerds,   
    The point of a forum is for people to read what other people write!  I did not blatantly "trash talk" your business, just expressed my opinion based upon my personal experience!  I work in a similar line of business and have customers drive from all over the state looking for specific parts.  I always make it a point to be absolutely positive that I have a particular part in stock and in my hand when someone calls looking for it!  Furthermore, I take the extra step and ask them if they want me to put their name and number on it and hold it for them.  The item is then held in order to be certain that it doesn't get sold out from under them before they arrive. 
    You have to put yourself in your customers shoes.  I know that I would be extremely pissed if I called to check on the availability of something, drove for an hour or more, just to be told, "we don't have that!"  Maybe this, "exceptional customer service,"  is something you should strive for in your business as well!  This is especially crucial in your particular business, as the majority of your customer base will be riding a scooter and it is not always a quick, leisurely ride down the street to your shop!
- Jeff

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 1:09 AM
Subject: Fw: Follow up

Thanks for your input, sorry we couldn't help you.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 12:23 AM
Subject: Follow up

People read what people write.
Take Care

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Scooter Nerds
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 03:10:21 AM »
The truth about it is, I have had the exact same experience w/ the local dealer. More than once I might add. For me it is a 4 hour round trip. Only to find they ordered the wrong part-the wrong part was sent to them-we just sold the last one...  For that kind of trip you KNOW I call in advance. It wasn't until I learned How to find the correct parts, at fair prices on the net that my part supply troubles ended. I also want to thank everyone who uses this forum for all the info they share. There are other forums, and for MY taste this one is the easiest for the layman to use. If you are into "super tuning" Scooter Invasion is the site to see. If you want to be called a Bit*h, there is an excellent Moped site full of info. The point is Some people truly care about others, and their time/ While Some truly couldn't give a RATS A**. At 50 years old you tend to get tired of stupid...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Scooter Nerds
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 03:19:37 AM »
It's been about two weeks, but I did receive a response back from Harry the owner of ScooterNerds in Wilmington.  I just left it at that, but figured I would post it here.  Apparently, the two stores are independently owned and not affiliated.

Thank you for your reply Jeff,

I am not referring to what happened in Greensboro. We are 2 seperate stores.
I told the person this. What I am concerned about was your comments that I was not helpful to you here in Wilmington. Why would I give you a mechanics number then??
All I ask is that you consider what you put in print carefully.

Thank you,
Harry Baumann
Owner of Scooternerds of Wilmington,LLC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()