Author Topic: Speedometer Problem ...  (Read 19657 times)

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
Re: Speedometer Problem ...
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 09:16:11 PM »
Bryan, now you are killing me.  :'(  In addition to the temperatures, this weekend is supposed to be cold with 60% chance of precipitation.  Depending on how cold it gets that will be ether really cold rain or mixed with snow/sleet.  Not good to ride in, even dressed warm.  I may just because I can't stand it, ride to a late breakfast in the morning before all that starts.  Wow, good riding weather and 3 weeks off for the holidays.  I must not be living right.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

Bryan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 01:05:10 PM »
Well Jim, the real good riding weather is in our winter but right now we into summer, being sub-tropical here we get plenty rain this time of year. Yesterday at 11h00 going through Pietermaritzburg the oxford thermometer said it was 32C and the barometer was showing about 80% humidity. Got to drink lots of water cause I really build up a sweat in the full riding kit in that type of weather. It's not too bad while cruising but when I stop or slow down through the built up areas the discomfort rises. The news reported some biker in my neck of the woods was caught yesterday at 233 km/h in a 120 km/h zone down the south coast and was arrested. he was out on bail and will appear today in court. Regards from Durban RSA.

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 08:33:08 PM »
Wow, that 80% humidity really makes it feel really hot.  Last year coming around through Las Vagas in Nevada we had a couple of days of riding at 42 C.  I was worried the tires would melt the road was so hot.  That was one trip I was really glad not to be camping.  An air conditioned motel room was a life saver at the end of the day.  However, humidity was very low out there.  I would hate to see those temperatures with the 80% humidity.  I did not realize your climate was so warm.  I thought being that far south it would have gotten cooler.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »
Wow, that 80% humidity really makes it feel really hot.  Last year coming around through Las Vagas in Nevada we had a couple of days of riding at 42 C.  I was worried the tires would melt the road was so hot.  That was one trip I was really glad not to be camping.  An air conditioned motel room was a life saver at the end of the day. 

The highest temperature I`ve seen while riding was 46 C a few years ago, on the road going home from work.
So, it was while the scooter was moving (I had Beverly 200 at the time), I am not talking about sitting-in-the-sun temperature.
Engine power felt like it was cut in half. :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 06:18:32 PM »
Axy, I am surprised you didn't melt.  Is this a dry heat or a lot of humidity?   Isn't the BV200 liquid cooled, I know the BV's are cousins of the Scarabeo's.  All of them fine machines.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »
Axy, I am surprised you didn't melt.  Is this a dry heat or a lot of humidity?   Isn't the BV200 liquid cooled, I know the BV's are cousins of the Scarabeo's.  All of them fine machines.

Luckily, dry... I live in Mediterranean climate area on the Croatian coast of Adriatic sea, generally, when it's very hot here, there is no humidity, when it's raining, that's when it can be either cold and raining without humidity or warm and raining with 100 % humidity and fog. :)

Bev was liquid cooled with fan, just like my current People 250S and unlike Agility 125 that is forced air-oil cooled without external fan.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 06:29:17 PM »
I am brand new to this site. I saw this post yesterday. I just want to say thank you to all the informative guys here. I just got a 2007 xciting 500, only gave 2500 for it with 1200 miles on it and I LOVE IT.
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

Modding a scooter is a beatiful thing!

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 10:32:35 PM »
You stole it, now ride the heck out of it, it's just starting to break in.  I was dragging the centerstand last week, I love the way this thing handles.  Welcome and tells us about your adventures with your X500.  :)
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 01:13:53 AM »
You have courage winginman, I afraid to scratch my paint! Congrats Arkie! That is a "steal". I'm sure you are gonna love the scoot. It's a different experience riding something you would think is supposed to be sub par, and finding there are MANY advantages to scootin. Good luck, and Happy New Year!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 02:05:10 AM »
Its been sitting for awhile and runs rough at idle. What do you guys think I need to do about this clean the carb or just take it out and ride. It is different since it weighs so much more then what I am use. The first ride I took it on I rode it not even a 1/4 mile and backed out at 85 it kinda scared me. But what do I need to do about the rough idle and rough running. Thanks Arkie
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 07:39:19 AM »
Do all the basic maintenance. Fluid changes, filters, new plug, tire pressure,put a wrench on all the major nuts& bolts. The more things you touch the better chance you will prevent future problems. The first tank I would add 2oz. of Sea Foam conditioner, to try to clear the fuel system. You may need to adjust the idle mix screw to get a smoother idle, and a clean circuit is the only way you will be sure.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 05:54:27 PM »
Thanks Zombie I already added the sea foam. Ill adjust the idle up a bit to get her to smooth out and ride it a bit
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 05:03:34 AM »
There are several posts in detail about adjusting the idle mix. Use the KEYWORD search , and you should come up with it. If not post back, and I can "walk "you thu it

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 01:50:37 AM »
You backed off about 85...  If that's MPH there isn't anything wrong with the top end.   Good luck on the low end.  Looks like the guys have you on the right track with the Seafoam and readjusting the idle mixture.  Give the Seafoam time to work and clean the system.  Best way to do that is ride...  may take awhile if it's as cold in Ark and it is in KY.  We rode yesterday and it was 24 F here.  Did alright for about an hour then had to head for the barn when my feet and fingers got too cold.  Next purchase will be some heated gloves and inner soles.  Found some that run off rechargeable batteries, gonna order some and we will see how they work.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 06:39:17 PM »
Its 8 degrees F here today so no riding. I am going to pull the carb and clean it. Big Bertha pops when you run it at about 3500 rpms every once in awhile. I work on scooters myself so the adjusting so be pretty straight forward. I backed off at 85 mph because how quick it got into the top end. I am use to a 2007 Yamaha C3 which is 50cc and it runs maybe 45 mph. I am going to take Big Bertha out and ride her for awhile before I start taking anything apart. What brand of oil do yall recomend. Thank You guys Arkie
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()