Author Topic: Cops pulling over 50cc scoots.  (Read 8817 times)

Porkie

• View Profile
Re: Cops pulling over 50cc scoots.
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 02:10:03 PM »
Good morning gent's!!

I think we are all basically on the same page and we would all be happier if we could somehow change the world to be a wonderful place to live for everyone.

Amongst other things, I find myself praying more and more for world peace. If you make a list of all of the conflict going on right now, it is alarming: City against county against State against the DC establishment and worse, DC against all the aforementioned.

On the world scene, it is even worse as hardly any country can feel secure from a despot running a corrupt and terrible regime.

Chemical, biological, nuclear and conventional weapons all aimed at each other. Radical terrorist and anarchist on every continent with nothing better to do than wreak havoc.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCwQFjAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.biblegateway.com%2Fpassage%2F%3Fsearch%3DMatthew%2B24%253A6%26version%3DKJV&ei=sP9MVOWYBsyuyASypYLgAg&usg=AFQjCNGiNNqmKr2bSIFEBJa9drBZ5yPuXQ&sig2=JrsgWMVSKq9hXbmbgxemZA&bvm=bv.77880786,d.aWw

Have a great day!

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 03:57:13 PM »
I said this before...
What about the un-skilled guy/gal that can not afford a car to get that 8.50 an hour job that's 8 miles from home in a town w/ no public transport.

Want to support them on welfare? I F'n dont! If 50cc's is all someone can do, and they do NOT have the money to pay for all the bureaucratic BS to support wars/welfare/lobbyists... Leave them to do the best they can

I'll put my house on the fact there are MANY more thousands of convicted felons riding around in cars that have nothing but a stolen gun, and a gram of meth in the glove box (no reg. no insc/no title) that OUR tax dollars (welfare) paid for.

Suppose this, and suppose that... You all know I am right.
 You can tell I'm sort of sick of the people that have NO CLUE how hard life is for some. I've given away more scooters/bicycles than I can remember, just so people have a way to get to work.
When it come to pearly gates time... I'll be the sniper behind St Pete. Some of you might have him fooled but give me a clean line...

No, I don't know you're right.  And I have a HUGE clue of how hard life is.  My first 50cc bike I saved for three years to get, and I knew that insurance and registration was going to be part of the cost of ownership.  I walked to work until I had the money to get it.  Laziness is no excuse for breaking the law.  Those same people that ride unregistered and uninsured will be the first ones to sue someone when they get in an accident, regardless of who's fault it is.  Oh, and if you want to get religious about it, good deeds don't get you any special passes at the pearly gates.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

SgtShak

• '13 Kymco GT300i / '11 Vespa Lx150 (wifes)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 04:18:07 PM »
Amen Brother.......I like this guy.  Anyone wanna talk about scooters?  Too brisk of a day to ride here in New York......I gotta find something creative to do during the JETS game.
Don't be afraid....It's only a scooter!

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »
"We are saved by faith through grace and NOT by works." Works are the icing on the cake that gives our love to others.

It is 80 degrees here in SW Missouri!!!!!!! I am still mowing in almost November!

I will ride tomorrow for sure as this sure can't last much longer!

2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

SgtShak

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 06:27:01 PM »
Leaves are a blowing here in the Hudson Valley.  Making the best of it though...smoker going in the driveway with brisket, ribs, wings and potato's.  Game on in the background...some classic 40's music playing....cold beer, iced bourbon and a cheap cigar.  Wife and I love these "redneck" Sundays.  Would I rather be riding......maybe yes/ maybe no.  One thing I do know is that I would love to have some of you guys here to share some good food, drink and laughs.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend(s).  If you're riding..be safe.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2014, 07:29:13 PM »
Acranum, I get it.
I also know you are right. Without talking face to face w/ someone it is hard for me to express myself, and I tend to over emphasize/dramatize simple statement to convey my point.

There are quite a few sides to every story, and we indeed all do appear to be on the same page. There are no real zealots here.

I love Sarges idea. We should all be sitting in a cigar smoked room full of good food, and loved ones. That's the bottom line we all seek. Peace, and contentment. Now WHY don't the Govt.s of the world get this??

Just a parting note... I have no misconceptions about getting thru those "Pearly Gates" but I do offer my services as a "bouncer".
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

SgtShak

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2014, 09:15:38 PM »
Is Roadhouse one of your favorite movies?  Never took you as Patrick Swayze guy.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2014, 09:22:06 PM »
I keep his offspring under my bed. They survive on "dust bunnies", and air from a blow drier.

Swayze was a full on Bee'atch. In fact I'd like to bring him back as a zombie so I can kill him again.
Just sayin'
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2014, 03:16:31 PM »
Average Temp 58....in my backyard?  81 !! Think I'll hang here today and ride tomorrow.

Might have to get the smoker going, now...just trimmed the peach tree ...good wood to use . Hmmmm.....
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

SgtShak

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2014, 10:31:35 PM »
That sounds awesome.  We usually use hickory or cherry.  I like apple but's hard to come bye untreated.  That peach sound great.  I would imagine a nice mellow/light smoke.  enjoy your ride

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 04:07:14 PM »
That sounds awesome.  We usually use hickory or cherry.  I like apple but's hard to come bye untreated.  That peach sound great.  I would imagine a nice mellow/light smoke.  enjoy your ride

WE often cut some Black Cherry from the saplings near the stream...have Tart and Sweet Cherry Trees , as well.  Peach is a nice mellow smoke.

Leaving for ride , now... Flu vaccine here I come !
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »
There some people that do need the help.but there also those abuseing the system they dont dont need the help.the way the world is today you dont know who to trust.

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »
Not too many LEO's chasing 50cc leafblower powered scooters anymore as it was 22 degrees yesterday morning.

Well, the Goldwing and the 2 scooters are going to be on their coveted hydraulic lift and covered up, battery tenders in place, awaiting their resurrection in about March! Oh the humanity!!!

2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()