Author Topic: STIG- new parts SOLVED~!  (Read 35201 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: STIG- new parts report
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2014, 01:34:30 AM »
I explained my situation to the Kymco representative . He took some information and phoned my dealer.
Later today he spoke with me again to say that the dealer will be ordering a Kymco FI Diagnostic Tool - because it is not possible to test my scooter's running engine's TPS without this tool.
I opted to remove my two youtube videos of the scan screen capturing what I think is a faulty TPS in operation.
The dealer service tech is to contact me when he has the diagnostic tool and we will schedule a drop-off time for the scooter.
The Kymco USA rep. was quite helpful and seemed sincere in wanting to help me get back to enjoying my LIKE 200i - perhaps I should have contacted them sooner about this problem....but one does not generally think to call Ford HQ in Detroit when you are working with  your local dealer to fix your F-150.

We KYMCO owners may have some issues with some of our dealers - but KYMCO USA simply asks that we add them to the loop when discussing serious concerns about their products and/or the people who sell them to us.

I am parking the LIKE - and its testing - for a week or so.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

200i

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2014, 05:31:21 PM »
After all you've been through Stig...you're certainly giving Kymko the benefit of the doubt, which is commendable. 

Kymko USA should require all dealers to have the diagnostic tools as a prerequisite to becoming a dealer.  And have a pre dealer training class for mechanics on how to use the equipment.  Otherwise...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »
Take the bike and the tool to the dealer, if he is amenable, and show him whatcha got. You will be informing him as to how to use the tool and interpret the readings coupled with how the machine is acting. Having gone through some of the requirements to be a dealer, one of the many points is to be able to service the machines they sell which requires an analyzer. Kymco generally ASSUMES the dealer who usually sells other brands to have the smarts to acquire the tools unique to Kymco's. I leave the conclusion to you all.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2014, 11:42:21 PM »
Update Sat. Aug 23

The dealer's service supervisor phoned me today to say he will be ordering the Kymco FI Diagnostic Tool early next week. I am to call back later in the week to see if they have received the scanner from Kymco - and then we will schedule the scooter in for a check. He said that the KYMCO USA rep mentioned the possibily of a bad TPS - the dealer tech said if they find a bad TPS with the scanner tool it will be an easy fix.

At this point I do not care what the issue is - I just want the dealer to witness a poorly running engine when they bench test it.
I trust that if they DO experience it stumbling - they will be able to fix it.
I will ask them to keep it until they do see it stumble. I will not be bringing it home, un-repaired, again.
I have been given the impression that the KYMCO USA rep will be a big help, if this happens.
The scoot remains under warranty -- I'd hate to be going through this if it wasn't.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2014, 05:41:56 PM »
Stig- Glad to hear that Kymco is stepping up to try to push the dealer to do their duty. I think that even if your regular warranty were up the US pollution control warranty would cover the injection system and ECU. All these components are part of the smog abatement systems as are the O2 sensor,  catalyst and fuel canister system. Hope they actually experience the fault this time!
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2014, 05:07:08 PM »
Stig,

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before they figure out the issue(s) and have your Like back running like it should. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2014, 12:01:26 AM »
Stig- Glad to hear that Kymco is stepping up to try to push the dealer to do their duty. I think that even if your regular warranty were up the US pollution control warranty would cover the injection system and ECU. All these components are part of the smog abatement systems as are the O2 sensor,  catalyst and fuel canister system. Hope they actually experience the fault this time!
Yes, the Kymco rep (on the phone) told me they would cover this issue even if I was a bit out of the warranty period. I assured him that I am well within my warranty period....but thanked him, anyway.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2014, 11:17:01 PM »
Service manager was to contact Kymco rep. 6 days ago for the part # of the Diag. Tool....then order it. I was told to call after 4 days to see if they have obtained it - then make a time to bring my scoot to see the doctor.
Called today (after 6 days) - the dealer had not ordered the tool yet because co. rep. had not returned his call with the part #.
I told him I have the tool "in my left hand, and here is the part #...."
They will "try again Tuesday" to obtain one from Kymco.

Ah well.
Pass the cheese please.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2014, 07:15:12 PM »
Stig, I fear you may have crossed over into the Twilight Zone. Lol

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2014, 08:36:08 PM »
Ah, Stig, your dealer, in my opinion, has crossed into the twilight zone. The grumpy words floating around in my head are too foul to list here. Your dealer is performing as most do, I am afraid, and therefore fulfill my low opinion of most dealers. Like the trots, this too shall pass, eventually. You hang in there. I, on the other hand, will take another breath since I have been holding it waiting to hear a favorable solution to your Like's problem.

Karl

I'm layin' there trying to go to sleep and it hits me like the Taco Bell--THE DEALER DOES NOT HAVE THE PART NUMBER FOR THE KYMCO ANALYZER MEANS HE HAS EITHER NOT READ THE SERVICE MANUAL OR DOES NOT HAVE ONE! THAT TOOL IS USED ON ALL THE EFI SCOOTS SO IS FEATURED IN NEARLY ALL SERVICE MANUALS.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:55:37 AM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2014, 09:21:52 PM »
Ah, Stig, your dealer, in my opinion, has crossed into the twilight zone. The grumpy words floating around in my head are too foul to list here. Your dealer is performing as most do, I am afraid, and therefore fulfill my low opinion of most dealers. Like the trots, this too shall pass, eventually. You hang in there. I, on the other hand, will take another breath since I have been holding it waiting to hear a favorable solution to your Like's problem.

Karl

I do have the name and toll free phone number of the Kymco customer service representative....unless he has departed to take a corner office with Taco Bell. (I didn't say that........) No, really, he sounded like a genuinely nice guy.
Stig
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:24:13 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

200i

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2014, 12:02:12 AM »
I seriously doubt your dealer ever called the rep...hate to be so negative...just sayin

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2014, 05:36:44 AM »
Stig, I sure hope your dealer isn't giving you the run around. It just doesn't come off that they are putting any effort into fixing your situation. I sure hope this gets resolved before summer ends. You deserve a resolution.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2014, 09:16:42 PM »
I CAN'T STAND IT! STIG, YOU GOT UNTIL NEXT WEEK! I'M GONNA COME UP THERE IF I DON'T HEAR SOMETHING BY FRIDAY AND START RIPPING PARTS OFF THE DEALER! HIS TECH! AND ANYONE ELSE WITHIN ARM'S REACH! I AM GOING BALLISTIC! YOU GOTTA HELP! URGENT!! ARRGGH!

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2014, 11:38:53 PM »
I CAN'T STAND IT! STIG, YOU GOT UNTIL NEXT WEEK! I'M GONNA COME UP THERE IF I DON'T HEAR SOMETHING BY FRIDAY AND START RIPPING PARTS OFF THE DEALER! HIS TECH! AND ANYONE ELSE WITHIN ARM'S REACH! I AM GOING BALLISTIC! YOU GOTTA HELP! URGENT!! ARRGGH!

Karl
Um, Meester Crossbolt, this is Bernadette Stig writing......
Mr Stig is presently away on business in Uruguay ( or maybe it was Paraguay) but he did pay a visit to the Kymco dealer today. He said he asked two questions: Do they have the Kymco DIAGNOSTIC TOOL yet, and are the Forza valve shims 7.48mm in diameter?
Very sadly, Mr Stig reports thusly: "No, he's not answering my phone messages!
And yes, 7.48mm is the correct shim size for a Honda NSS300!"

Mr Stig said a few words in the French that he picked up while in the Army, and is planning to phone some fellow, come Monday.
So, Mr Krossboat, please  keep your pants on and await furthering increments (as we say in my country)
Mr Stig is On The Cases, or my name is not  Bernadette Stig, by jove!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()